Apply For DAAD Scholarships- International students are invited apply for the numerous DAAD scholarship. You can find information on the various types of scholarships in the DAAD scholarship database, along with suitable offers and requirements.
DAAD Scholarships Database
The DAAD’s scholarship database contains numerous scholarship offers for study or teaching visits and research projects in Germany
Here you can find information on various kinds of DAAD funding for foreign students, graduates and postdocs as well as on funding offered and how to Apply For DAAD Scholarships. We have listed 3 category of DAAD scholarships below:
1. DAAD Scholarship For MSc Environmental Governance- Germany 2021
The University of Freiburg invites applications for DAAD Scholarships for the MSc. Environmental Governance (MEG) Programme in 2021.
The M.Sc. -programme Environmental Governance (MEG) was established in 2005 to train leaders to be able to reconcile different social perspectives with regard to the sustainable use of environmental resources as a basis for sustainable development – for any development, at any scale from local to global, and in any context worldwide.
About 35 students are selected each year based on criteria of excellence and geographical representation (industrialized countries, countries in transition, developing countries as well as geographic regions).
The Programme targets future leaders with grand, innovative ideas about environmental governance arrangements beyond the traditional functional, structural and territorial boundaries (‘sustainability designers’).
Worth of Award
DAAD-EPOS Scholarship recipients are exempted from study fees.
- BSc or BA (or equivalent primary degree) well above average in Agricultural or Forest Sciences, Geography, Political Sciences, Sociology, Law, Economics, Ethnology, International Cooperation, Development Studies, Nature Conservation, Environmental Management, Land Use Planning, Natural Resource Management, among others.
- Your average grade / GPA from the Bachelor must be equivalent to minimum 2.5 or better, under the German Degree System (1.0 max – 4.0 pass). We use the to convert international grades .
- English language skills on level C1 according to Common European Framework of Reference for Languaes (CEFR). Tests must not be more than 2 years old. We only accept:
- TOEFL, minimum score: 100
- IELTS, minimum band 7
- Cambridge Certificates: CEA or CEP
- Pearson Academics: minimum score: 76
- Age limit: not older than 36 at the time of application
- Academic degree far above average
- At least two years of professional experience
- Applicants who have lived in Germany for 2 or more years directly prior to the commencement of the MEG-program are not eligible
- Applicants that already have a Master degree are not eligible to apply for the DAAD scholarship However, this does not apply to students from India, Indonesia, Cambodia, Malaysia, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka in case they hold only a 3-year Bachelor. A 3 year Bachelor from these countries qualifies only in combination with a Master degree for a Master program in Germany).
How To Apply For DAAD Scholarships
Application documents required
- DAAD application form
- (You cannot use the online-application system which is mentioned on the MEG-website)
- Proof of two years job experience
- When possible, a guarantee of re-employment upon return to the home country
- Please note that these documents should be posted together with the required documents described in the list of documents for DAAD applicants.
Applications close on October 15, 2020.
2. DAAD Scholarships For MA International and Development Economics in Germany
HTW Berlin University of Applied Sciences invites applications for DAAD scholarships for the Master of Arts in International and Development Economics, starting in 2021.
Applicants for the DAAD scholarship must
- come from a developing or newly industrialised country (link to list of eligible countries)
- have 2 or more years of professional experience since graduation
- must not have graduated longer than 6 years ago
- fulfil the MIDE admission requirements.
Worth of Award
- Living expenses (17 months): 750,00 €/month
- Study and research subsidy
- A subsidy for travel expenses (incl. insurance for accident & personal liability) to Germany and back home after the completion of the programme
- Health insurance
- Preparatory German Language Course (February/ March).
How to Apply
Should you wish to apply for DAAD scholarships, please indicate this in your MIDE application form. You must also
- complete the DAAD application form and attach it to the MIDE application form
- submit an Academic Letter of Recommendation from your previous university; the letter must have a letterhead, signature and official stamp and must be of recent date.
- submit a letter of recommendation from your employer; the letter must have a letterhead, a signature and an official stamp and must be of recent date.
- submit a confirmation of your professional experience of at least 2 years since graduation with the MIDE application form. This letter from your employer(s) must come on official letterhead, be dated and signed as well as carry a stamp. The letter must contain information on the duration of your employment (from … until …, your position and work tasks, possibly your overall perfomance and a confirmation of study leave, if granted).
- Your DAAD Application form, letter of motivation and CV submitted with the MIDE application form must be hand-signed.
- Submit a copy of your School Leaving Certificate.
Letters of appointment, work contracts, payslips etc. are not accepted as proof of employment.
The application deadline for the following year’s intake in April is 30 September (August 31 for DAAD scholarship applications).
3. DAAD Scholarships for the MEng Programme in Germany 2021
Flensburg University in Germany is inviting applications for the DAAD Scholarship for the Master of Engineering in Energy and Environmental Management for developing countries in 2021.
- BEng or equivalent university degree after a minimum of four years of studies.
- Professional experience of at least two years in a field related to the course focus.
- Proficiency in the English language: TOEFL (80 iBT), IELTS (Band 6) or equivalent.
- Students with a technical engineering degree not having a proven qualification in economics must participate in a 2-month preparation module (bridging course) on economics, which begins in January every year at the university.
- For applicants without adequate knowledge of German, a German language course begins in January every year at the university (plus lessons accompanying the course thereafter). Participation is compulsory for DAAD scholarship holders
Worth of Award
- The scholarship recipients will be granted a full waiver of the tuition and participation fee.
- In addition, the DAAD will pay the scholarship recipients a monthly stipend of EUR 850.
- As a rule, the scholarship also includes certain payments towards health, accident, and liability insurance coverage in Germany.
- Furthermore, the DAAD will generally pay an appropriate travel allowance, unless these costs are covered by the home country or by another funding source.
- The DAAD will also pay a study and research allowance. Last but not least, the scholarship covers a mandatory two-month German course before the start of the program.
How To Apply For DAAD Scholarships
Fill in the online-application form below for intake 2020, submit it per e-mail or save the document and send the PDF form to admission-eem at uni-flensburg.de by latest 31st August.
Print the online application form and attach the following documents as hard copies:
- Curriculum vitae (use the provided on their website)
- Bachelor-certificate (or equivalent university degree) of a study of 4-years duration in engineering (certified copy)
- Transcripts/Records of the study of 4-years duration with information about the grading system (certified copy)
- Written proof of 2-years work experience
- A paper (approx. 1000 words) explaining your personal expectations and motivation to study Energy and Environmental Management
- 2 Recommendations (1 professional and 1 academic)
- Language proof: TOEFL iBT (minimum score: 80), IELTS (minimum Band 6) or Cambridge FCE. Note: A certificate that English was language of instruction is not sufficient for admission. Native speakers of English are exempted.
- All listed documents are compulsory! Applications without these documents or with incomplete attachments cannot be considered and will not be processed!
- If you want to apply for a DAAD scholarship fill in the and attach it to your application.
Send the hardcopy of your full application to:
Energy and Environmental Management in Developing Countries
Munketoft 3 B
24937 Flensburg / Germany
by registered mail.
Deadline: Online-Application deadline is August 31, 2020, hard copy application deadline is September 30, 2020.