DAAD Merit scholarships are offered yearly to applicants from Sub-Saharan African countries with an excellent academic record.
This scholarship opportunity includes monthly allowances of 650 Euro plus travel allowances for Master candidates and 900 Euro plus travel allowances for Ph.D. candidates.
How To Apply Foe DAAD Merit scholarships 2021.
- Applicants should be from Sub-Sahara Africa
- Applicants should have an outstanding academic record – at least 70% for their last degree
- Applicants should apply within 6 years of having completed their previous degree
- The study must have been completed at an internationally recognized university
- The previous degree (Baccalaureus or Master) should have been an academic discipline which is related to Development Studies or Public Administration
- South African students are required to have an honours degree in order to be admitted to a Masters’s degree course. Other students need the equivalent of a 4-year undergraduate degree
- Applicants must provide evidence of proficiency in English, both written and spoken. This can be TOEFL test or a similar standard test or a letter from an academic institution
- Work and/or voluntary experience in your field of interest would be a recommendation
- Women are encouraged to apply
- South African students are encouraged to apply
- Applicants must be able to study full-time at the UWC for the required period.
Eligible Countries: Sub-Saharan African countries
To be taken at (country): School of Government, University of the Western Cape, South Africa and Ruhr-University of Bochum, Germany
Type: Masters, PhD
Number of Scholarships: not specified
Value of Scholarship:
- Scholarships include monthly allowances of 650 Euro plus travel allowances for Master candidates and 900 Euro plus travel allowances for PhD candidates.
- Tuition and registration fees are covered by the Scholarship Programme.
Duration of Scholarship:
For period of the programme
Eligible Field of Study:
Scholarships are available for full-time students of
- MA in Development Studies
- Master in Public Administration
- The MA in Development Management (Bochum Programme, next deadline 30 November 2021)
- Ph.D. options at the CDR
Method of Application:
You will have to fill in an electronic application form (ONLY AVAILABLE during open Calls)! Applications not using this e-form can´t be considered! As the e-form can only be submitted once, please make sure that your application is complete before submitting it!
Documents that have to be uploaded when using the e-form are mentioned in the respecitve “How to apply” sections of each programme!
For additional information on the courses or on registration please write to email@example.com
- Visit The Official Website For More Information
- the MA in Development Studies (next deadline 20th June 2021, online application is available in the “How to apply” section of the Programme!)
- the Master in Public Administration (next deadline 20th June 2021, online application is available in the “How to apply” section of the Programme!)
- the MA in Development Management (Bochum Programme, next deadline 30 November 2021)
(separate online application platform, access and guidelines via “How to apply” section of the Bochum programme or via the course homepage)
- the different PhD options at the centre (PhD UWC) (There will be no! Call for Scholarship Applications for the 2022 intake!!)
We Believe This Article Was Helpful, Don’t Hesitate To Share This Information With Your Friends On Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp and Google plus.
Disclaimer: The contents on this site is provided as an information guide only. They are intended to enhance public access to information about Education and other Endeavors. While every effort is made in preparing good information, no responsibility is accepted by or on behalf of this site for any errors, omissions or misleading statements. Although every effort is made to ensure the reliability of this site.
Copyright: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions & information purposes. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us via This Means to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.