DAAD Scholarships 2020/2021 – The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) offers scholarships for the Natural Hazards and Risks in Structural Engineering (Msc.) at Bauhaus University Weimar in 2021.
The Natural Hazards and Risks in Structural Engineering (NHRE) master’s program is a highly international degree program designed to train students who are capable of performing demanding engineering activities under specific external influences such as earthquakes. In addition, we provide modern tools that can be used to assess natural hazards, enable modelling and simulation, and prepare to carry out specific risk analyzes.
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) grants four to eight scholarships to a Master of Law degree within the program “Postgraduate Courses for Professionals with Relevance to Developing Countries”. The scholarships start only in the winter semester. See application method and requirements below:
Worth of Award
- The scholarship covers living costs, study fees, health insurance, travel costs and German language courses for the whole course (24 months).
- The monthly allowance is about € 750 plus additional payments.
DAAD Scholarships Application Requirements
As a prerequisite for admission to the program, all applicants have to hold a
- Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering or a related field
The Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering, or equivalent professional qualification with a final grade of 2.5 (acc. To German system) or better. The Examination Committee must ensure that the candidate’s prior degree is equivalent to that of the B.Sc. programs in Civil Engineering. If not, the Examination Committee may attach additional conditions for admission, which is the candidate must meet. In such cases, candidates are not legally entitled to gaining admission to the program.
English language proficiency
- Language proficiency is an important factor in academic success. Since English is the sole language of instruction at the Graduate School in Structural Engineering, all acquaintances must have adequate knowledge of written and spoken English as a prerequisite to admission. Regardless of country of origin or of citizenship status, who wants to make proof of proficiency in the English language based on one of the two following forms:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
A minimum score of 85 on the Internet-based test of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). The institution code for the Bauhaus University Weimar is 8968.
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
A minimum overall score of 6.5 with no other score is less than 6.0 is required by the International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
How to Apply For DAAD Scholarships 2020/2021
For filing an application for a scholarship from the DAAD program “Postgraduate Courses for Professionals with Relevance to Developing Countries” you have to submit to the general application papers the following documents.
- A completed “Application for Research Grant and Study Scholarships”
- Letter of Motivation, containing information about your expectations from our master’s course and the effects on your professional and personal life as well as your country.
- Letter of Recommendation
- Confirmation from your current employer
Please send your application documents directly to the
Bauhaus University Weimar
Department of Study and Education
c / o Johanna Theuerkauf
- If you have any other questions regarding the application process/status, admissions and registration, please contact Mrs. Theuerkauf at the Student Office.
The completed application should reach the school not later than October 15th, 2020.
We Believe This Article Was Helpful, Don’t Hesitate To Share This Information With Your Friends On Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp and Google plus.
Disclaimer: The contents on this site is provided as an information guide only. They are intended to enhance public access to information about Education and other Endeavors. While every effort is made in preparing good information, no responsibility is accepted by or on behalf of this site for any errors, omissions or misleading statements. Although every effort is made to ensure the reliability of this site.
Copyright: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions & information purposes. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us via This Means to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.