Friends of Europe Fellowship are looking for a part-time (2 days a week on average) free-lance driven Senior Fellow and Task Force Leader, for a duration of 2 years. Travel within Africa and Europe connected to Task Force meetings. Residing in Africa is an advantage.
Funded by the European Union, this project brings together a leading African think tank, the Mo Ibrahim Foundation renowned for its work in supporting good governance and exceptional leadership in Africa, a leading and innovative European think tank working on a more inclusive, sustainable and forward-looking Europe, Friends of Europe, and IPEMED, a respected academic institute. Together, this consortium has a vast depth of expertise on African and European policymaking and the investment environment across both regions as well as extensive networks of high level political and business contacts.
At the heart of this project is a mission to develop strategic policy and programming priorities for partnership in priority areas of cooperation, with climate change and green transition as transversal themes. The project aims at reaffirming a framework for a structured continuous and strategic dialogue between both regions’ stakeholders from business, politics and civil society. Four task forces are being set up in the following key sectors and themes: digital economy; transport and connectivity; sustainable energy and sustainable agriculture.
As project coordinator, Friends of Europe is recruiting a Senior Fellow and dedicated Task Force Leader for Sustainable Agriculture.
Overall responsibility Of Friends of Europe Fellowship
The Task Force leader has the overall responsibility for driving, leading and supporting the strategic development, coordination and delivery of one Africa Europe Alliance’s Task Force, in order to meet agreed impact targets, develop action-able recommendations at a policy and programming level, secure buy-in from multi-stakeholders and contribute to the overall visibility for the Alliance.
- Creating shared purpose and connecting with others, building trust and understanding with people who have different views;
- Making it happen, achieving stretching results when faced by change and major obstacles;
- Working together, creating an environment in which others who have very different aims can work together;
- Being accountable, showing real dedication to the long-term mission and expected outcomes of the Alliance.
Skills and Knowledge
- Proven record of dialogue facilitation and partnership development for high impact outcomes;
- Experience of successful strategic dialogue processes which build shared views around common issues of concern;
- Strong understanding of Africa-Europe cooperation, its development challenges, diverse country contexts, investment practices;
- Excellent analytical, writing and editing skills;
- Fluent English speaker; good working level of French is considered an asset.
- Familiarity with facilitating dialogue processes face-to-face and from remote through digital platforms;
- Proven ability to develop relations and dialogue processes which deliverable measurable impact;
- Proven ability to present well in professional forums, conferences and strategic meetings;
- Experience of working effectively in a matrix management structure.
- Professional sector expertise in the Task Force thematic and in the domain of Africa-Europe relations;
- Active and up-to-date network of contacts in the theme of the Task Force;
Application For Friends of Europe Fellowship:
The position is to start in September 2020.
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter, indicating the position and your surname in the subject line to: [email protected]
For More Information: Visit the Official Webpage
The closing date for applications is Sunday 16 August
Copyright Alert: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. In the case of re-publication in online platforms, proper acknowledgment include, but not limited to LINK BACK TO THE ARTICLE And proper REFERENCING in research usage. All contents are protected by Digital Millennium Copyright Act 1996 (DMCA).
If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us via This Means to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.