The goal of HDA Fellowship for Postgraduate Students is to build capacity for Health Data Analytics and related areas at higher academic and research levels.
As part of eHealth for Everyone’s human capital development approach, students and fresh graduates are offered internships in order to build capacity for health data analytics in Nigeria.
Through this approach, eHealth for everyone serves as a solid strategic anchor partner for various stakeholders in the health sector. Beyond our routine internships for students and fresh graduates, eHealth for everyone is introducing the Health Data Analytics (HDA) fellowship for postgraduate students.
This fellowship will inform the next phase of technological innovations/inventions to improve health data analytics and healthcare delivery in Nigeria. The objectives of the HDA fellowship are to:
- Build local capacity for research in health data analytics
- Support the development of health data platforms
- Improve the utilization of health data and data platforms
- Use findings to inform Health Information Systems (HIS) policy development
- Facilitate the publication of research reports in recognized journals
The benefits of this fellowship include:
- Up to ₦1,000,000.00 (per fellow) for postgraduate research (including research expenses e.g. equipment, data collection etc)
- Capacity building in research and health data analytics
- Possible job opportunities with eHealth4everyone on completion of the fellowship
- Access to a network of individuals with shared interests
- Mentorship and support from the administering body. This would translate into the provision of reviews and guidance during the course of their research.
- Provision of datasets on request.
Eligibility for HDA Fellowship for Postgraduate Students.
To be eligible for this fellowship, the individual must fulfill the following requirements;
- Must hold an acceptable form of Identification (i.e. an International passport issued by the Nigerian immigration service; Drivers’ license; Voters’ Card, National Identity Number (NIN) card)
- Must be a postgraduate student of any accredited University with a valid means of identification
- Candidates should hold a Bachelor’s degree of at least a 3.5/5.0 CGPA (Second class upper honors) for Master’s students, and at least a Merit or its equivalent in Master’s, for PhD students.
Fellows are expected to tailor their research towards improving Nigerian health data and data systems around the following key areas:
- Health Governance
- Health outcomes
- Health financing
- Health Workforce
- Population and demographics
- Health facility service availability and readiness
- Drugs and logistics
- Service delivery
- Health Impact
- Health surveillance
The research goals can be pursued using any of the following approaches:
- Data Management
- Visual Analytics
- Data Mining
- Data Integration
- Multi-source data collation
- Advanced analytics
- Open data advocacy
- Big Data for health
- Data demand and use
- Statistical modelling of health data
- Health Information System interoperability
- Geographic Information System (GIS)
- Artificial Intelligence
- Machine learning
How to Apply for HDA Fellowship for Postgraduate Students 2022.
- Carefully complete each section of the HDA fellowship form(s) and attach the required documents. These include:
- Official transcripts from Academic Institution,
- Curriculum Vitae (CVs)
- Admission letters,
- Statement of purpose (maximum of 500 words),
- Research proposal/summary including timelines for execution,
- Letter of recommendation from Supervisor, Head of Department or Dean;
- A previously published paper, if available. This would be an added advantage.
- A 2-minute video of the applicant explaining their research proposal and motivation, is required.
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and awards will be given on a quarterly basis. For the next batch, Form(s) should be submitted on or before 8th January, 2022 by 11:59pm (WAT)
- The HDA fellowship committee will carefully review each proposal and make a final decision. If successful, applicants would be notified (within 8 weeks after the application deadline) that they have been selected to receive the research grant.
- Successful applicants must officially “accept” the offer via an email within a week.
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and awards will be given on a quarterly basis.
For More Information: Visit the Official Webpage
Please note: Funds are to be used for the research work ONLY. Funds would possibly cover textbooks, equipment, publications, and travels (for data collection activities, etc). Costs that are indirectly related to the research would need to be approved by the HDA fellowship committee.
In addition, results from all HDA-funded research will be completely open for use by the eHealth for Everyone Foundation and others. There will be no copyrighting of research.
Copyright Alert: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. In the case of re-publication in online platforms, proper acknowledgment include, but not limited to LINK BACK TO THE ARTICLE And proper REFERENCING in research usage. All contents are protected by Digital Millennium Copyright Act 1996 (DMCA).
If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us via This Means to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.