Magaret Mcnamara Education Grants 2021 at Trinity Washington University in the USA invites applications for the Education Grants in the 2021/22 academic session.
About Magaret Mcnamara Education Grants
MMEG supports women from developing countries in their pursuit of higher education. Their organization draws inspiration from Margaret McNamara and her vision of education and gender equality.
Their mission is to assist women from developing countries who are pursuing their education with the aim of improving the lives of women and children in their countries. They are one of the few organizations who provide financial assistance to such women.
Application closes January 15, 2021
The Grant Worth
In past years, grants of up to US$15,000 have been awarded in the US/Canada program, and US$7,000 in Africa, Latin America, and Trinity programmes. Grant amounts may vary, based on exchange rates and availability of funds.
Magaret Mcnamara Education Grants Eligibility
Applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Be at least 25 years old at the time of application deadline (see specific regional program application below);
- Be a national of a country listed on the MMEG Country Eligibility List (except for the Trinity Washington University program);
- Be enrolled (not just accepted) at an accredited academic institution when submitting the application, and plan to be enrolled for a full academic term after award of the grant by the Board;
- Not be related to a World Bank Group, International Monetary Fund or Inter-American Development Bank staff member or spouse.
In addition to the general eligibility criteria, an applicant must:
- already be enrolled part time (minimum of 2 courses per semester or term) or full time student at Trinity Washington University, and plan to continue studying in the following academic term;
- not be related to Trinity staff
- In addition to international students, US citizens or permanent residents are eligible to apply
How to Apply For Magaret Mcnamara Education Grants
Remember to read the Application Checklist & FAQs before applying, and select “Trinity program” in the first question of the application. If the program name does not appear, the program may be closed to new applications
Before starting the MMEG application process, please scan the following documents in digital form. (pdf preferred);
- Identification (ID) card with photo:
- A- national passport page with photo and date of birth, if studying outside your home country, or
- B- government/university-issued identity card with photo and birth date;
- Most recent proof of official registration from university (not their acceptance letter);
- Most recent official university transcripts and/or reports
- Visa page or study permit page within the current passport (if studying outside home country);
- Second passport page with a clear photo (in case of dual citizenship).