UI DLC Students Dedicated Email is a media through which the University of Ibadan Distance Learning communicates with its students on a day to day activities of the institution.
This platform is a very active tools used by UI DLC. Students who have access to this email are bonafide students of the University. In this post, we would work you through the easiest way to Login to your dedicated student email.
We have received series of question like, How can i login to my students email? How can i sign into my portal? and so on. However, the information you would be reading shortly will guaranteed your accessibility to your students email if followed as stated below.
Types of UI DLC Social Media Network for Interaction
1. Facebook Page
Students are encouraged to make use of the available social media network like facebook, google+, yahoo groups, blogs etc. These media provide additional platform to interact and exchange information.
As at the time of publication, 2700 DLC students are registered member on facebook. Amongst these students, information flows easily. Students share their mind, ask questions, make enquiries and suggest idea on issues bothering on their academics.
DLC students are therefore invited to join via the following links for facebook http://www.facebook.com/groups/UIDLC/
2. Dedicated Email Addresses for DLC Students
All DLC students are automatically assigned a DLC Dedicated Email Account after registration. All communications shall be done via this email address. A typical DLC email address is firstname.lastname@example.org while the default password is the student’s registered surname.
UI DLC Dedicated Email services
Students are to note that the UI DLC Dedicated Email Address provides services like:
- Google +
How To Login To UI DLC Students Dedicated Email
This can be done step by step. Follow the step below to access your student email.
Once your email has been confirmed, you can sign in to Distance Learning Center, University of Ibadan email services at: http://mail.dlc.ui.edu.ng
When the page comes up, you will then put your username which is a combination of your Matric and Surname which comes in the format email@example.com e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org
After putting your username
(email@example.com), you will then put in your password.
Click the sign in button to get into your account
On clicking the “Sign in” button, a welcome message from Google is displayed, giving you the terms and condition for the email system. Click on the “I accept Continue to my account” button.
This is how your DLC email platform will look like
Once you have gone through these steps, you can now start using your new DLC email.
A Breakdown of the DLC Email Platform
- Compose: This is used to compose a new email message to be sent to recipients.
- Inbox: This shows the number of mails that an account holder is having; highlighting the unread mails (which are usually in brackets)
- Sent mails: When a user sends emails to other people (official or non-official), a copy of the mail is being stored here.
- New Hangout/Chat: This is used to search for users that you can hangout with using name, email or number for your search. You can either chat or hangout with other users.
- Search Mail: In the event of having many mails in a user’s inbox (read and unread) the search mail functionality helps to narrow down searches in order to get the exact mail one might be looking for which could either be read or unread; inbox or outbox.
I believed you found this information useful; You can help to spread it by sharing to your fellow students and don’t forget to connect with us on our social media platform. Trust me, School Drillers has a lot to share with you about UI DLC. Click here SchoolDrillers Facebook or SchoolDrillers Twitter.