The University of Ibadan Distance Learning Programme has the vision of providing lifelong education for anyone who, for one reason or the other, has opted for the Distance Learning mode. In this way, it aims at providing education for all by ensuring access and equity. However, the following are the updated information about UI DLC. We understand that most students frequently asked these questions about UI DLC. If your one of them you can take note of the following information.
What is the website for DLC?
Here is the official website: http://dlc.ui.edu.ng
On which website can new students print notification of admission and do course registration?
New student can do that here: http://dlc.ui.edu.ng
At which designated bank can new students pay?
You can pay in any bank of your choice
I have been admitted, what next?
- Click on Returning Applicants.
- Enter your User name and Password.
- Print notification of Admission.
- Pay acceptance fee.
- Print admission letter.
- Pay School fees in full as shown on Admission.
- Login To your portal and click on register for registration of courses.
- Proceed To course materials to download your study.
- Start reading your course materials.
How do I change my Portal Password?
Enter your Username and Password then select ‘My Profile’ and Click on ‘Change Password’
How do I suspend my studies?
Goto your Portal, click on Make Payment, select Suspension and click to continue, Generate Reference to pay at any banks or make payment with Pay with Card. After Payment go back to the portal click on suspend study, select the session to suspend.
How do I go about Re-activation of studies?
Go to your Portal, click on Make Payment, select Reactivation and click to continue, Generate Reference to pay at any banks or make payment with Pay with Card. After Payment go back to the portal click on reactivate study, select the session to reactivate.
Do I have to wait to receive message to know that my payment has been approved?
Go to http://dlc.ui.edu.ng or h ttp://newportal.dlc.ui.edu.ng to confirm if your payment has been approved.
What should I do if my payment is not reflecting on the portal?
After successful payment, if your payment is not reflecting, you are advised to login to http://newportal.dlc.ui.edu.ng enter your username and password click on “Requery Payment’’ and click on RRR code you paid with.
How do I change my preferred Centre on the portal?
Enter your Username and Password then select ‘My Profile’ and Click
on Change Exam Center and select your choose of location for Examination and Interactive
How do I register my courses after payment?
Enter your Username and Password then select ‘Register’ and follow the registration procedure and select the appropriate courses as specified in the Registration Procedure.
Can the school fees be paid in installments?
No, school fees must be paid in full at all levels
Can candidates with awaiting results apply for the degree programme?
No. Candidates with awaiting result are not eligible to apply.
Are DLC students eligible to go for NYSC?
Yes, all University of Ibadan Distance Learning Centre have been included in the NYSC mobilization scheme including exemption certificate.
Can I register my courses for both semesters at once?
Yes, You can register both semester in your first semester registration.
How do I access my students dedicated email?
Go to www.mail.dlc.ui.edu.ng enter your student dedicated mail. (e.g
e0123456.akanmu and password) OR
Go to w ww.gmail.com enter your student dedicated mail.
(e.g e email@example.com and password)
What is the procedure for obtaining general clearance for notification of result and certificate for Diploma and/or Degree?
You are to present the following:
- A Passport Photograph
- School I.D.Card
- All original school fees receipts (100-500level)
- A copy of entry form into Examination (Exams & Course form) 500level
- Original and photocopies of all WAEC/NECO. Statement of result for NCE, Diploma, OND and RN will not be accepted. Where the original certificate is not available, produce resent attestation letter for your NCE/OND
- Confirmation result from WAEC/NECO will not be accepted for original certificates
- Administrative Charge – Bank Draft
- N 500.00 (Payable to DLC through
- Graduation fee – N200 (Payable at Cash office U.I.)
- Alumni fee -N 100 Payable at First Bank, U.I. Then
- convert the Teller to receipt at Alumni, U.I.
- Students are to present the original and a photocopy of DLC certificate of Computer Proficiency
Your request for General Clearance will only be acceded to after five working days.