The CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars Program Invite applications from early-career research leaders who can engage with any of the following CIFAR research programs:
- Future Flourishing
- Gravity & the Extreme Universe
- Humanity’s Urban Future
- The Multiscale Human
Expand your network, collaborate across disciplines, and explore cutting-edge ideas with unrestricted research support. Join our community of international researchers addressing the most important questions facing science and humanity.
- Applicants may be based anywhere in the world, must hold a PhD (or equivalent) and be within the first five years of starting a full-time position at an institution of higher education or research, with responsibilities that include both conducting an independent research program and supervising/teaching trainees toward the completion of a degree. Scholars’ research interests should complement the themes and goals of a recruiting CIFAR research program.
NOTE: Postdoctoral fellows are not eligible to apply, with the following exception:
If you have a pending first full-time position that meets the full eligibility criteria and starts no later than July 1, 2024, you are eligible to apply. In this case, you must submit a copy of your letter of appointment with your application.
- A two-year term of collaboration and mentorship in an interdisciplinary CIFAR research program, a global network of leading researchers
- $100,000 CAD in unrestricted research support
- Membership in a community of outstanding peers from diverse disciplines
- Training in leadership and communication skills, and support to build influence and make an impact
- CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars join a CIFAR research program and participate in leadership development opportunities for a term of two years. The term will begin on April 1, 2024 and end on March 31, 2026.
- At the end of the term, Scholars retain the title ‘CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholar’ and are encouraged to remain connected to CIFAR through CIFAR’s Next Generation Initiatives and research programs.
Copyright Alert: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. In the case of re-publication in online platforms, proper acknowledgment include, but not limited to LINK BACK TO THE ARTICLE And proper REFERENCING in research usage. All contents are protected by Digital Millennium Copyright Act 1996 (DMCA).
If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us via This Means to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.