Gov Labs by NED Incubation is a 12-week program designed to identify, select, and support organizations that develop innovative and practical solutions to enhance good governance and public service delivery.
Gov Labs by NED Incubation Program
This program is designed to enhance citizen engagement, government accountability, and transparency by finding solutions that foster wide-scale access to public services.
These innovations would primarily address pain points that militate against effective implementation and enforcement of human rights and rule of law by government officials and its representatives at the local, state, and national levels.
Selected participants will then engage stakeholders to get a deeper understanding of the issues and be supported through a mentorship program to develop solutions that meet the objectives of the program.
Gov Labs by NED Incubation Program Eligibility
In order to participate in this program, the following criteria have to be met:
- Solution improves services
- Solution can be adopted easily
- Solution should leverage technology
- Idea/solution solves a clearly defined pain point
- Solutions show scalable impact
- The solution should provide data capturing abilities
- Citizens should prioritize new solution over what already exists
Gov Labs by NED Incubation Program Benefits
Why you should apply
Get up to $2,500 worth of equity-free funding
Get discounts and free offers from our partners
Get access to a pool of mentors and business experts
Access to a network of partners
Key areas of interest for your solution
Applications should focus on the following areas
- Low Level of Citizen Participation
Solutions that drive citizens’ participation in the process of governance to demand accountability and transparency
- Corruption in Procurement
Solutions that track procurement processes, mitigates foreign bribery and simplifies the Nigerian budget and public data.
- Low Level of Institutional Cooperation
Solutions that drive cooperation of all government bodies starting from the lower levels
- High Cost of Political Campaigns
Solutions that regulate spendings on political campaigns
- Poor Remuneration of Civil Service Personnel
Policies and initiatives that drive for better remuneration
- Low access to funding for Civil Society Organisations (CSOs)
Solutions that encourage crowdsourcing for CSOs
- 6th January, 2021 Call For Applications
- 8th February, 2021 Review
- 15th February, 2021 Build
- 1st March, 2021Acceleration
- 6th June, 2021Demo Day
February 6th 2021