The top 5 universities to study Statistics in Nigeria are currently recognized by students around the country as heated oven where students across the states of the country are indeed being grilled or better put, better baked for the needs of industries, academes, companies, and individuals all around the world. This is because students who have studied the course are not only respected but they are also seen as geniuses just for their acute knowledge about figures, numbers, and digits.
Let us go into the study of what statistics means as an academic course. Statistics is a mathematical body of science that pertains to the collection, analysis, interpretation or explanation, and presentation of data, or as a branch of mathematics. Some consider statistics to be a distinct mathematical science rather than a branch of mathematics. Statistics are used in different research fields such as biostatistics, computational biology, computational sociology, network biology, social science, sociology and social research.
Having a degree in statistics is regarded as an arduous task let alone furthering it up to Master’s level.
Some of the Uses of Statistics in Various Fields
One of why you must have interest in knowing the top 5 universities to study statistics in Nigeria is that:
- Statistics is useful in Academia
- Statistics is useful in Computing
- Statistics is useful in Business
- Statistics is also seen to be useful applied to Mathematics or the Arts
Two Major Types of Statistics
- Descriptive statistics
- Inferential statistics
Top 5 Universities to Study Statistics in Nigeria.
There are many schools in Nigeria where the academic course statistics can be studied. Some of these schools are universities, polytechnic, colleges of education, and the various institutes that are privately owned. In this article, you will be having the chance to get to know the top 5 universities to study statistics in Nigeria and these are them:
1. Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife
2. Federal University of Technology, Minna
3. Bowen University BOWEN
4. Federal University of Technology, Owerri
5. Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta
Other Universities to Study Statistics in Nigeria
Beside the top 5 universities to study statistics in Nigeria, there are other universities where students are advised to check out too basically for their competence:
- Federal University Of Technology, Akure.
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka
- University of Ibadan
- University of Uyo
- Afe Babalola University, Ado Ekiti
- Cross Rivers State University of technology, Calabar
- Gombe State University
- Federal University, Lafia
- University of Ilorin
- Olabisi Onabanjo University
- Ekiti State University
- Mcpherson University, Seriki Sotayo, Ogun State
- Yobe State University, Damaturu
- Joseph Ayo Babalola University, Ikeji-Arakeji
- Nigeria Turkish Nile University, Abuja
- Oduduwa University, Ipetumodu
- University of Mkar, Gboko
General Requirements for Admission to Study Statistics
If at all you need to gain admission into any of the above named universities including the top 5 universities to study statistics in Nigeria, candidates must have attained the following:
At the O’level result, candidates are required to have passed English, Mathematics, Chemistry, Economics, and any other Science-related subjects (the least being credit) before they can even stand qualified to sit UTME, while the minimum of 200 will qualify the candidate for the post UTME which is part of the screening process for admission.
Copyright: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us via This Means to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.