AgriPitch Competition and DealRoom aimed to promote innovation and entrepreneurship in agriculture among youth in Africa and to generate jobs, create wealth, and improve livelihoods through inclusive growth across the continent.
African companies that meet the criteria below are encouraged to submit their deal information for review by the Bank’s and Asoko Insight’s data teams.
Qualified businesses will be promoted through the Asoko portal to global investors for matching. Interested investors can match with any deal by registering their profile and selecting target deals.
The AgriPitch Competition
Shortlisted businesses will participate in a virtual AgriPitch Competition from November 16-20, 2020, where winners will be chosen based on different categories under consideration.
The African Development Bank will award shortlisted businesses between US$10,000 and US$40,000 in the form of grant capital (US$120,000 in total is committed).
The African Development Bank is a leading multilateral development finance institution. The Bank has 81 member countries and is headquartered in Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire.
Further details regarding specific eligibility is found on the bottom of this page in the FAQ. Evaluation criteria for successful applications is also below.
AgriPitch Competition Requirements
This is suitable for Companies that are in one of following categories: Youth with early stage Start-ups, Mature Start-ups, and Women Empowered Businesses as per the African Development Bank criteria are eligible to apply for the AgriPitch Competition and Virtual Investor DealRoom
• Sector of focus: Agribusiness
• Company meets the criteria for a category:
- Start-ups: Must have a clearly defined prototype or proof of concept and may or may not have had any products introduced to the market.
- Matured Start-ups: firms with existing market traction: technology, product, service, etc., already on the market with a clear investment ask and growth plan & strategy.
- Women Empowered Businesses: In addition to the criteria for a mature start-up, firms must have at least 51% share of women ownership or founded by a woman.
All applicants should consider these criteria carefully as they build out their profile for submission.
1. Value Proposition and Innovation Rationale (30% weighting):
- How creative is the idea or how creatively the idea solves a problem related to ICT and agri-digitization?
- Gender responsiveness
- Addresses nutrition
- Job creation potential
- Competitive edge
2. Professionalism and Presentation of Business (5% weighting):
- Structure and presentation of the business model
- Ease of comprehension of the business
- Strong writing/presentation skills
3. Investment Appeal (15% weighting):
- Investment pull based on respective early start-up, matured start-up, and all-star stage
4. Sustainability and Scalability (20% weighting):
- Sound environmental management systems
- Potential for scaling-up
- Sufficient and qualified staff, including management
5. Business Feasibility & Traction (30% weighting):
- Clear customer pain/need intensity and market size
- Commercial and technical feasible with strong profit margins
- Existing traction and customers (for matured start-ups)
We Believe This Article Was Helpful, Don’t Hesitate To Share This Information With Your Friends On Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp.
Disclaimer: The contents on this site is provided as an information guide only. They are intended to enhance public access to information about Education and other Endeavors. While every effort is made in preparing good information, no responsibility is accepted by or on behalf of this site for any errors, omissions or misleading statements. Although every effort is made to ensure the reliability of this site.
Copyright: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions & information purposes. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us via This Means to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.