Before knowing all JIO number check code that is there to know, you must have an understanding of what the company stands for and where it comes from. Yet, we can just go straight to the point as we will have to provide a hint to what JIO means for those who are just coming across this.
Reliance Jio Infocomm Limited, doing business as Jio, is an Indian telecommunications company and a subsidiary of Jio Platforms, headquartered in Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra. It operates a national LTE network with coverage across all 22 telecom circles.
Launched in 2015 December 27, JIO has successfully provided the best in terms of its network services and products. Currently, Jio offers 4G and 4G+ services all over India and 5G service in many cities. Its 6G service is in the works. More reason it also is the largest mobile network operator in India and the third largest mobile network operator in the world with over 42.62 crore (426.2 million) subscribers.
JIO Number Check Code You Need To Know
With prepaid and postpaid connections, Jio provides a range of benefits to its users, including high-speed internet, unlimited voice calls, and access to the Jio app suite. Several straightforward methods can be employed for new Jio subscribers seeking to check Jio mobile number. Here is the simple way to check the JIO number through the USSD code:
- Open the ‘Phone’ or ‘dialer’ app on your phone. Or search for it in the app drawer on Android or in the app library on iOS
- Once opened, dial *1# for SIM1 or *2# for SIM2
- After a couple of seconds, you’ll either get a popup or an SMS
- The first line itself of the received popup or SMS contains your Jio mobile number
Note: You can check your Jio number by dialling a USSD code *1# or 1299, sending an SMS to 199.
This method will also provide your Jio plan’s details such as remaining internet data, unused SMS quota and plan validity.
- Open the ‘Messages’ app on your phone
- Start a new chat/conversation
- Send an SMS to 199
- Type ‘MYPLAN’ in the chatbox and hit send
- You’ll receive an SMS with your Jio phone number along with plan details
By App (MyJio)
The MyJio app is the hub for everything related to Jio and its services like making mobile and broadband recharge, watching movies through JioCinema and getting to know your Jio mobile number which is visible in the app’s menu. But, if you just got a new number, here’s how you can check it online using the MyJio app:
- Simply download the MyJio app on Android and iOS through Play Store and App Store respectively.
- Once installed, open the app
- Click on ‘Sign in with SIM’
- Your Jio number will be visible at the top of the screen
By Customer Care
Calling Jio customer care is also an alternative offline method to check your mobile number:
- Open your phone or call app
- Call Jio customer care by dialling 198
- When the call connects, you’ll get the details of your data plan
- Next, it’ll prompt you to select a language. Select the one you are comfortable with.
- Now select the concerning number to connect the call with a customer care executive
- Once connected, you can ask them about your Jio mobile number
- Make sure to have a pen and paper close by to quickly note down the number