Check BVN On Phone And Online – The meaning of BVN is Bank Verification Number. BVN gives each Bank customer a unique identity across the Nigerian Banking industry that can be used for easy identification and verification at Point of Banking operations.
The goal of the Bank Verification Number (BVN) is to uniquely verify the identity of each Bank’s customer for ‘know your customer’(KYC) purposes.
The BVN helps to reduce fraud, increase the efficiency of banking operations and also enable customer access to future credit facilities.
How To Apply For BVN Form
To register for BVN, All you need do is to visit the bank of your choice, bu it is advisable you register at the bank you deal with i.e the bank you have an account with.
- Order for BVN enrollment form
- Make sure you enter correctly all the information asked in the form before submitting the form back to enrollment post within the bank.
- Wait till you present your biometric data which include fingerprints and facial appearance to the officer in charge.
- Ensure that enrollment receipt is given to you before you step out of the bank. Enrollment receipt contains all the data you submitted in the enrollment form; date of registration and the bank’s name which you registered with.
- You will get a short message from the bank representative. This message contains your BVN details after 24hours.
How To Update Your BVN Information:
After proper enrolment and you feel you needed to update your information? E.g. In case of change of address, The customer goes to his/her bank and follows the bank’s processes for updating customer information.
A customer can update his/her information only at the bank where he/she has an account.
Enrolment is the process of capturing a customer’s details which includes fingerprint and facial image after which a BVN is generated.
Benefits Of Bank Verification Number (BVN):
Easy Ways To Check BVN On Phone & Online:
BVN was introduced to reduce the rate of theft and money laundering.
The BVN is an 11 digit number that remains constant irrespective of all the accounts you have with any bank(s). It is attached to all your accounts and is accepted at all banks.
It is also useful for carrying out transactions in the bank or online and this why the number is important at all time.
In this article we have mentioned two ways by which you can check your BVN in case you misplaced it or cannot get access to it immediately.
1. Mobile BVN Check – How To Check BVN On Phone
You can easily get your BVN code on your mobile phone. This is a very easy method as there is no category of phone you cannot use as long as such phone can send and receive text messages.
This method also does not require internet connection and it works on all networks including Glo, MTN, Airtel and 9mobile (Etisalat).
Simply dial *565*0# on your phone, make sure you’re using the same phone number you used for your BVN registration.
This will bring your BVN number irrespective of whatever bank or network you use.
- Checking your BVN using this code costs N20 only.
- Some banks also have specific codes to help their customers get the BVN code.
2. Online BVN Check – How To Check Online?
You can check your BVN online through Internet Banking. This method is advised for those who have access to internet or internet enabled phones.
To check, log on to the internet banking app of your preferred bank. Usually you will see the BVN displayed on the first page atop your details.
What You Must Know About BVN:
There are certain information about the BVN that most people are unaware of. These include;
- The BVN is not issued to individuals below the age of 18
- A bank account can only have one BVN
- You will not be able to operate ( withdraw from POS or ATM) with an account without a BVN attached
- If you make any changes to your data, ensure you update such at the place of your registration.
- The BVN is a biometric verification system and so in order to get registered, you need to have your biometric details (such as passport and fingerprints) taken.
- The BVN serves as a universal ID that is acceptable for any account at all banks.
Check BVN On Phone And Online – GTBank
Apart from the code *565*0#, some banks also have their specific shortcodes to allow their customers check their BVN on their phone. For instance, if you’re a GTBank customer, you can dial *737*6*1# to check your BVN.
Disclaimer: The contents on this site are intended to enhance public access to educational information and other endeavors. While every effort is made in preparing good information, no responsibility is accepted by or on behalf of this site for any errors. Although every effort is made to ensure the reliability of this site.
Copyright: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us via This Means to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.