Collect and activate IBEDC prepaid meter – Over 700,000 prepaid meters has been rolled out to electricity consumers under the coverage area of Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company Plc (IBEDC).
IBEDC supplies energy to Oyo, Ogun, Osun, Kwara and parts of Niger, Ekiti and Kogi States,
The IBEDC prepaid meter initiative is under the National Mass Metering Program (NMMP) of the federal government to install at least six million prepaid meters to households in Nigeria.
Part of the objectives of IBEDC prepaid meter also includes the elimination of estimated billing, improving network monitoring capability and strengthening the local content in meter manufacturing in Nigeria.
The IBEDC is expected to roll out six million meters over the next 18 to 3o months across Nigeria.
The energy provider IBEDC ensure a good metering experience through a series of registration and distribution points across different locations within its franchise.
The introduction of prepaid meters to Nigerians since the privatization of the Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN) has been a big relief to the citizens in general. Here’s the process you need to take if you must activate or collect your IBEDC prepaid meter.
How to Collect and Activate IBEDC Prepaid Meter.
To collect and activate your IBEDC prepaid meter is very easy if you can navigate your way. All you need to do is to follow the information below steps by steps:
- The first requirement to collect and activate your IBEDC prepaid meter is a valid means of identification such as National ID Card, Voter’s card, International Passport, or Driver’s Licence.
- Visit the nearest IBEDC office to collect and activate your IBEDC prepaid meter for free through the IBEDC rollout scheme. But if you’re applying with CAPMI, you pay for the meter and the cost is refunded to you in the form of credit units over a period of 36 months with interest. Find the nearest IBEDC offices here.
- Collect IBEDC prepaid meter application form and fill appropriately.
- Submit the filled form to the appropriate body.
- After administering the above steps, you can pay for your IBEDC prepaid meter at any of the designated banks after getting the account details from the IBEDC office you visited.
- Once payment is done, make a photocopy of the bank teller and attach the photocopy to the IBEDC form and return it to the office for continue registration.
- IBEDC prepaid meter would be installed in your house or office within 45 days after successful application and registration.
List of IBEDC Prepaid Meter and their Prices.
- Single phase PPM Split Unit Type 5/60A 240V – cost #24,832
- 3-phase PPM Split Unit Type 3 x 5/60A 415V – cost #53,820
- 3-Phase Whole Current Electronic Credit Meter 415V – cost #94,309
- 3-Phase CT-Operated Electronic Credit Meter – cost #221,891
- 11KV 3-Phase CT/VT Electronic Meter – cost #801, 108
- 33KV 3-Phase CT/VT Electronic Meter – cost #1,478,358
Is IBEDC Prepaid Meter For Free?
The IBEDC Meter under the rollout scheme is free. As part of the commitment to deliver quality service, and in compliance with NERC’s regulatory guidelines IBEDC has been distributing meters to customers throughout franchise area for FREE, except if it was applied for through CAPMI.
The CAPMI Scheme is a NERC approved intervention plan for customers to quickly get a meter. With CAPMI, you pay for the meter and the cost is refunded to you in the form of credit units over a period of 36 months with interest.
The IBEDC Meter Rollout scheme is being done in phases, So if you did not apply for a meter through CAPMI, YOU ARE NOT REQUIRED TO PAY FOR THE METER BROUGHT TO YOU UNDER THE ROLLOUT SCHEME.
Therefore, if any staff or individual requests for any form of payment, do not pay and immediately report it through IBEDC WhistleBlower channels.
How to Pay IBEDC Bills Online Using JumiaPay:
- Sign up or log in using your email address and password
- Select Electricity from the list of services
- Select your contract type – prepaid or postpaid
- Select Ibadan
- If prepaid, enter your meter number and the amount you wish to top-up. If postpaid, enter your account number and the amount of your bill
- Complete the payment with your debit card or your bank account on JumiaPay secure payment platform – Click Here.
IBEDC Prepaid Meter Registration.
- Visit the official IBEDC portal to download and fill the prepaid meter form.
- Submit the prepaid meter application form at the nearest IBEDC office.
- You will be directed on how to make payment to any of the authorized banks.
- After your payment has been confirmed, the prepaid meter will be installed at your residence within few working days. Click Here.
We Believe This Article Was Helpful, Don’t Hesitate To Share This Information With Your Friends On Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp and Google plus.
Disclaimer: The contents on this site is provided as an information guide only. They are intended to enhance public access to information about Education and other Endeavors. While every effort is made in preparing good information, no responsibility is accepted by or on behalf of this site for any errors, omissions or misleading statements. Although every effort is made to ensure the reliability of this site.
Copyright: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions & information purposes. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us via This Means to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.