Federal Government Scholarships 2021- Federal Ministry of Education (Federal Scholarship Borad) – The Honourable Minister of Education (HME), Mallam Adamu Adamu, hereby invites interested and qualified Nigerians to participate in the 2021 / 2022 Federal Government Scholarship Awards for:
Application For Federal Government Scholarships 2021 Award
BEA Scholarship Eligible for
- Undergraduate (UG) studies tenable in Russia, Morocco, Algeria, Serbia, Hungary, Egypt, Tunisia, Turkey, Cuba, Romania, Japan, Macedonia; and
- Postgraduate (PG) studies tenable in Russia (for those whose first degrees were obtained from Russia), China, Hungary, Serbia, Turkey, Japan, Mexico, South Korea, e.t.c.
All qualified candidates are advised to:
- Visit Federal Ministry of Education’s website www.education.gov.ng and click on “Federal Scholarship Board” ICON on the Home Page:
- Read Guidelines and then Complete the Application Form online
- Print the completed Application Form.
Federal Government Scholarships 2021 Criteria For Eligibility
- All applicants for undergraduate degree courses must possess a minimum qualification of Five (5) Distinctions (As & Bs) in the Senior Secondary School Certificates, WASSCE/WAEC (May/June) only in the subjects relevant to their fields of study including English Language and Mathematics. Certificates should not be more than two (2) years old (2019 & 2020) for Non-African Countries and for African countries the age of certificate is one year (2020) only. Age limit is from 17 to 20 years
- All applicants for Postgraduate degree courses must hold a First Degree with 1st Class or at least 2nd Class Upper Division. The applicants who are previous recipients of Foreign Awards must have acquired at least two (2) years post qualification experience or employment practice in Nigeria. All applicants must have completed N.Y.S.C. Programme and the age limit is 35 years for Masters and 40 years for Ph.D.
- N.Y.S.C discharge or exemption certificates only are accepted; and
- Evidence of readiness to be released by an employer.
Fields of Study
- Undergraduate level – Engineering, Geology, Agriculture, Sciences, Mathematics, Languages, Environmental Sciences, Sports, Law, Social Sciences, Biotechnology, Architecture, Medicine (very limited), etc.; and
- Postgraduate level (Masters Degree and PhD) in all fields.
General Note For all Applicants
- Since the BEA countries are non-English speaking, applicants should be prepared to undertake a mandatory one year foreign Languare course of the country of choice which will be the standard medium of instruction;
- The required certificates for candidates applying for Bachelor in Imamat, Quran Teaching Professor and Iman Preacher Training for Islamic Religious studies in Algeria is WASSCE / WAEC and no other certificate is accepted;
- All applicants for Hungarian Scholarship can apply for up to two fields of study in order of preference; and must visit the website: www.stipendiumhungaricum.hu which will hopefully be opened between October and November, 2020
- Complete the application form online
- All applicants for Russia Postgraduate Scholarship must have acquired their 1st Degree in Russia;
- All Applicants to upload their certificates online;
- Undergraduate (UG): WAEC / WASSCE, Birth Certificate, Indigene letter.
- Postgraduate (PG): 1st Degree Certificate, Birth Certificate, WAEC / WASSCE, Indigene letter & NYSC discharge Certificate.
How To Apply For Federal Government Scholarships 2021
- Authenticated copies of academic certificates;
- Data page of current International passport;
- Specified Medical Reports from Government hospitals
- National Identity Number (NIN)
- Police Clearance Certificate where necessary.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Official Phone Numbers / E-mail:
- Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA): 08077884417
Note: This particular application does not attract any processing fee. Therefore, beware of fraudsters!
Copyright Alert: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. In the case of re-publication in online platforms, proper acknowledgment include, but not limited to LINK BACK TO THE ARTICLE And proper REFERENCING in research usage. All contents are protected by Digital Millennium Copyright Act 1996 (DMCA).
If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us via This Means to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.