ICWA Program 2020 are looking for promise, curiosity and enthusiasm in candidates, and consider whether they are ready for the rapid personal growth the fellowship makes possible.
Extensive professional experience in a proposed area is not always necessary; fellowships are aimed at developing local knowledge and writing skills, not necessarily awarding research or reporting opportunities to those who already possess them. Strong candidates propose compelling fellowship topics.
- Candidates must be under 36 years of age at the time of the due date for the initial letter of interest.
- US citizenship is not a requirement but candidates must show strong and credible ties to US society.
- Applicants must have excellent written and spoken English-language skills and must have completed the current phase of their formal education.
Regions and Countries:
- South America (especially Venezuela and Brazil)
- Eurasia (especially Russia, Ukraine, Central Asia)
- Horn of Africa (Ethiopia, Eritrea)
ICWA Program Application Requirements
- 2020 applicants are especially encouraged to propose examining any of the following topics:
- Threats to peace and security
- Rights and lives of marginalized people and societies
- Environment, climate change, sustainability and conservation
- Culture and society (literature, art, film, etc.)
- Post-conflict societies
- The effects of technology and innovation on society
- Youth and activism
Benefits Of ICWA Program 2020:
ICWA provides full financial support for its fellows and their immediate accompanying families. Fellows do not receive salaries; the institute gives them sufficient funding to cover their expenses, enabling them to fulfill the purposes of the fellowship and allowing them and their families (if accompanying the fellowship) to live in good health and reasonable comfort. “Full financial support” does not mean unlimited financial support; fellows are expected to live and spend modestly..
- This is a writing fellowship. Fellows are required to produce monthly dispatches made available on our website and email to institute supporters and other interested parties, including family, friends and professional associates of the fellows. Fellows work closely with the executive director, who serves as writing coach, editor and mentor.
- While many fellows go on to pursue political or social causes at home and abroad, the purpose of a fellowship is to learn about other societies, not to change them. Fellows are not permitted to engage in overtly political activities during their fellowships. The institute does not accept any government funds. Fellows must preserve that independence in letter and in spirit.
- Fellows should not expect to return to the United States during the two years of their fellowships. ICWA fellowships are immersive; a vital component of the fellowship experience is remaining without interruption in the area of study for the duration of a fellowship.
How To Apply For ICWA Program 2020
Interested candidates should visit the link below for more information and to apply :
December 15, 2020.
Copyright Alert: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. In the case of re-publication in online platforms, proper acknowledgment include, but not limited to LINK BACK TO THE ARTICLE And proper REFERENCING in research usage. All contents are protected by Digital Millennium Copyright Act 1996 (DMCA).
If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us via This Means to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.