iHub Women In Business Cohort 2 applications is open for female entrepreneurs in Nigeria and Kenya in 2020.
With the rise of technology innovation in Africa, multiple sectors such as energy, agriculture, finance, and healthcare are undergoing rapid changes.
iHub is starting to see African solutions that have global applications in areas such as digital payments and drone delivery for instance. Africa’s population currently consists of 50% men and 50% women.
There is a growing conversation on the disparity in the number of men and women in technology and a growth in interventions to combat the ‘leaky pipeline’ phenomenon that sees women deviating from careers in STEM due to structural barriers such as poor support networks for childcare amongst others.
About iHub Programme:
In 2019, iHub launched the Women in Business program, to grow the number of socially and economically empowered women who run sustainable businesses working in the technology sector in Kenya.
The conversation on supporting more women in Technology is crucial, but just as crucial, if not more so, is the need for female entrepreneurs to be supported in leveraging technology in their businesses- regardless of the sector.
People are often less likely to build solutions in industries or sub-industries they have no relationship with. Given that a majority of women in Africa run non-technology businesses, there is currently a case to support women-led businesses that will benefit from the application of technology innovation.
iHub Women In Business Cohort 2 Eligibility
The criteria for participation for the program include:
- Women-led business interested in leveraging technology to scale their businesses
- Registered, with operations in Kenya or Nigeria
- Strong(well-rounded) founding team, working full-time on the business
- Businesses with proven traction in the market (e.g. customers, revenue)
- Scalable businesses that meet a real need.
Deadline: Application closes on August 15, 2020.
Worth of Award
- The use of technology to achieve a strategically differentiated business that speaks to the heart of customer needs.
- An ability to speak investor language and leverage sound financial understanding of your business to secure capital and partnerships.
- Support to expand your business across multiple geographical markets.
- Knowledge on how to attract, develop and retain a strong team.
- Access to a robust network of investors, corporate executives and software developers to help scale your business.
This program will bring together female entrepreneurs, software developers, investors, SMEs, corporates and industry experts across multiple sectors.
How to Apply For iHub Women In Business Cohort 2
- If you fit the above criteria, please fill out an application on the link.
- If you have any questions during the process, please send an email email@example.com or ask a question on the application platform.
Copyright Alert: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. In the case of re-publication in online platforms, proper acknowledgment include, but not limited to LINK BACK TO THE ARTICLE And proper REFERENCING in research usage. All contents are protected by Digital Millennium Copyright Act 1996 (DMCA).
If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us via This Means to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.