The National Board for Technical Education (NBTE) Executive Secretary, Dr. Masa’udu A. Kazaure has warned members of the public to beware of individuals and institutions which are in the habit of admitting students to study courses in unapproved and illegal Polytechnics, Monotechnics and Innovation Enterprise Institutions (IEIs) with a promise to award the National Diploma (ND) or Higher National Diploma (HND) certificates.
The Executive Secretary warned that those institutions have not been licensed by the Federal Government and are therefore operating illegally in violation of the Education (National Minimum Standards and Establishment of Institutions) Act CAP E3, LFN, 2004.
For public notice, we shall list out the unapproved or illegal polytechnics, Monotechnics and IEIs in Nigeria. It has been understood that anyone who obtains certificates from any of those institutions would not be recognized for the purpose of the National Youth Service Corp (NYSC), employment and for further studies.
The public notice which also contained more than sixty of some of the illegal institutions further directed members of the public to always obtain clarification on approved polytechnics and similar tertiary technical institutions as well as programmes offered before applying.
List Of Illegal Universities In Nigeria (Unapproved by NUC)
Some of the illegal universities as identified by the NUC include,
- University of Accountancy and Management Studies Lagos
- University of Industry Lagos
- Blacksmith University Awka,
- Atlanta University Anyigba,
- Logo state and UNESCO University, River State.
- Christians of Charity American University of Science and Technology, Nkpor, Anambra State or any of its other campuses
- University of Industry, Yaba, Lagos or any of its other campuses
- University of Applied Sciences and Management, Port Novo, Republic of Benin or any of its other campuses in Nigeria
- Blacksmith University, Akwa or any of its other campuses
- Volta University College, HO, Volta Region, Ghana or any of its other campuses in Nigeria
- Royal University, Izhia, PO BOX 800, Abakaliki, Ebonyi State or any of its other campuses
- Atlanta University, Anyigba, Kogi state or any of its other campuses
- United Christian University, Macotis campus, Imo State or any of its other campuses
- United Nigeria University College, Okija Anambra State or any of its other campuses.
- Samuel Ahmadu University, Makurdi, Benue State or any of its other campuses
- Saint Augustine’s University of Technology, Jos, Pleateu State or any of its other campuses
- The International University, Missouri USA, Kano and Lagos studies centres or any of its other campuses in Nigeria
- Collumbus University, UK, operating anywhere in Nigeria
- Tiu International University, UK operating anywhere in Nigeria
- Pebbles University, UK operating anywhere in Nigeria
- London External Studies, UK, operating anywhere in Nigeria
- Pilgrims University operating anywhere in Nigeria
- Lobi Business School, Makurdi, Benue State or any of its campuses in Nigeria
- West African Christian University operating anywhere in Nigeria
- Bolta University College, Aba or any of its campuses in Nigeria
- JBC Seminary Inc. (Wukari Jubilee University) Kaduna illegal campus
- Western University, Esie Kwara State or any of its campuses in Nigeria
- St. Andrews University College, Abuja or any of its other campuses in Nigeria
- EC-Council USA, Ikeja Lagos Study Centre
- Atlas University, Ikot Udoso Uko, Uyo, Akwa Ibom State or any of its other campuses in Nigeria
- Concept College/Universities (London) Ilorin or any of its other campuses in Nigeria
- Halifax Gateway University, Ikeja or any of its campuses in Nigeria
- Kingdom of Christ University, Abuja or any of its other campuses in Nigeria
- Acada University, Akinlalu Oyo state or any of its other campuses in Nigeria
- Filfom University, Mbaise, Imo State or any of its other campuses in Nigeria
- Houdegbe North American University campuses in Nigeria
- Atlantic Intercontinental University, Okija Anambra State
- Open International University, Akure
- Middle Belt University (North Central University) Otukpo
- Lead Way University, Ugheli, Delta State
- Metro University, Dutse/Bwari Abuja
- Southend University, Ngwuro Egeru (Afam) Ndoki, Rivers State
- Olympic University, Nsukka, Enugu State
Complete List Of Illegal Polytechnics In Nigeria
The unapproved or illegal polytechnics in Nigeria who are presently operating includes: Adonai Polytechnic, Benue, Al-Ameen College of Health Sciences and Technology, Kaduna state, Assam School of Basic Health Science and Technology, Kaduna, Bethel Polytechnic, Benue State and Grand Royal College of Health Technology, Ekiti State. All the above list ere among 68 unapproved polytechnics and Monotechnics operating in Nigeria. See full list in the image below:
Other Unapproved Universities Includes:
- Evangel University of America and Chudick Management Academic, Lagos
- Enugu State University of Science and Technology (Gboko campus)
- Career Light Resources Centre, Jos
- University of West Africa, Kwali Abuja, FCT
- Coastal University, Iba Oku, Akwa Ibom State
- Kaduna Business School, Kaduna
- Royal University of Theology, Minna, Niger State
We Believe This Article Was Helpful, Don’t Hesitate To Share This Information With Your Friends On Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp and Google plus.
Disclaimer: The contents on this site is provided as an information guide only. They are intended to enhance public access to information about Education and other Endeavors. While every effort is made in preparing good information, no responsibility is accepted by or on behalf of this site for any errors, omissions or misleading statements. Although every effort is made to ensure the reliability of this site.
Copyright: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions & information purposes. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us via This Means to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.