MTN Special Offer and Services – MTN Nigeria is part of the MTN Group, Africa’s leading cellular telecommunications company.
On May 16, 2001, MTN became the first GSM network to make a call following the globally lauded Nigerian GSM auction conducted by the Nigerian Communications Commission earlier in the year.
Thereafter the company launched full commercial operations beginning with Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt.
MTN Nigeria expanded its network capacity to include a new numbering range with the prefix 0806, making MTN the first GSM network in Nigeria to have adopted an additional numbering system, having exhausted its initial subscriber numbering range – 0803.
In its resolve to enhance quality customer service, so many MTN Special Offer and Services has been introduced to self-help customers and subscribers. They also have various MTN Subscription packages introduced.
With MTN Special Offer and Services you can now stay connected and explore affordable data and social media bundles on super-
List Of MTN Special Offers and Services
These are the full list of MTN special offer and services:
1. MTN Sponsored Data
MTN Sponsored data is a value added data service that enables beneficiaries to browse on a sponsor’s website(s) free of data charge.
How It Works
- MTN Sponsored Data enables your customers and prospects access your website, apps and other data services without data and without being charged.
- The data charge is borne by your organisation (the sponsor) through purchase of an MTN Sponsored Data pack that your customers will use from.
- All your customers and prospects (who are MTN subscribers) will be able to access your site and use your apps for FREE in line with set daily usage limits.
MTN Sponsored Data Value Proposition
- Boost your sales by getting a larger portion of your hitherto unreached market to visit your site for FREE, taking advantage of MTN’s vast subscriber base.
- Boost your lead generation engine by engaging more prospects.
- Increase your goodwill by letting your target market know they can access your website and use your apps without the necessity of data.
Achieve all this cost effectively with MTN Sponsored Data by getting started
2. MTN Vehicle Tracking
MTN Nigeria a leading telecoms operator now offers a car tracking service going by the brand name C-Track. With CTrack from MTN, you can monitor your car 24 hours a day.
MTN C-Track enables you to track your vehicle via a mobile phone within the wide MTN network in Nigeria. You can also track your vehicle on the web. The auto tracking system also provides an electronic log.
This affords you the ability to view real time locations of every vehicle in your fleet such that immediate and quick decisions can be made based on new developments.
C-Track service secures your automobile and aids with the quick recovery when the unexpected happens. It also gives you peace of mind as you can conveniently ascertain the state of your car anywhere anytime.
The features of CTrack include Tamper alert to alert you when the system is tampered with. You can also ascertain the speed of the vehicle with this system.
3. MTN IP Connect
IP Connect is MTN Nigeria’s IP based connectivity solution that offers multi site organisations the ability to logically connect all their branches/sites directly to one another in a fully meshed network using IP technology.
MTN Nigeria is introducing the IP Connect service based on Internet Protocol Virtual Private Networks (IP-VPNs), which allows companies with locations spread out in Nigeria to connect and transfer data on a private and secure way over reliable robust MPLS infrastructure.
An Internet Protocol Virtual Private Network (IP VPN) is a routed link between two or more points across a shared network infrastructure with various degrees of security that ensure privacy for all parties.
Who is MTN IP Connect for?
IP Connect is ideal for large organisations that require intelligent connectivity between branches.
- Reduced networking costs – You can review current network architectures, find relevant opportunities to reduce costs and migrate at your own pace.
- Security – Enabled by establishing VPN connectivity over MTN Nigeria’s Dedicated MPLS network
- Availability & Reliability – Supported by redundancy in MTN Nigeria’s MPLS network
- Connectivity across Nigeria – access to the MTN Nigeria IPConnect service is available from 12 Points of Presence (PoP) across Nigeria and supported by MTN Nigeria’s extensive fibre network.
- Private and secure connectivity that supports multiple types of applications such as Data, Voice & Multimedia.
- Scalable to provide for future growth changes in size and volume of the customer business.
- 24 x 7 service and support is provided alongside a single point of contact for provisioning and troubleshooting
4. MTN XtraSpecial Prepaid
MTN XtraSpecial Prepaid is a special plan that allows you enjoy a flat rate of 15.36k/sec for calls to ALL networks in Nigeria and to twelve (12) selected international countries from the very first second. ALL MTNN Prepaid customers can migrate to XtraSpecial Prepaid tariff plan.
Benefits of XtraSpecial Prepaid Plan
- Flat rate of 15.36k/sec for calls to All Local Network in Nigeria.
- Flat rate of 15.36k/sec for calls to twelve (12) international countries.
- Special data bundles:
6GB monthly data bundle at N2000
3.75GB monthly data bundle at N1500
1.5GB 14-day data bundle at N750
10MB Data Bonus on First recharge of the month
How To Migrate To Xtraspecial Prepaid Plan
You can migrate to MTN XtraSpecial plan via any of the channels below:
- USSD – Dial *408*1# or *123*2*4#.
- SMS – Send 408 to 131
- myMTN app – Log on to myMTN app, click “Other Plans”, then select MTN XtraSpecial
5. MTN Colocation Service
MTN Colocation Service provides the benefit of an outsourced infrastructure service. It is offered to house and power servers and IT infrastructure in a series of secure and managed Tier-3 data centre within Nigeria.
This service provides a place to house production and back-up server, the power to run it, the appropriate cooling and environmental conditions and the network access.
What more, MTN collocation service allows for rapid deployment of applications and services.
With MTN Business Colocation Services, you get the following business value:
- Cost savings – By outsourcing, you can save anything from 20% – 70% on your annual IT spend.
- Lower Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) – By sharing resources you save capital costs on data servers; reduce staff overhead; and lower operational expenses previously devoted to energy (cooling and electricity) and floor space.
- Greater agility and response to market – With a more flexible architecture, IT can more quickly respond to changing business demands. In addition to facilitating rapid provisioning of application and infrastructure services from shared resources (whether data, computational, or network), it can also streamline operational procedures and maintain better control over those resources.
- Focus on your business – By outsourcing, companies can focus on their core business
- Business Continuity – Outsourced data centre services, especially for Disaster recovery and backup hosting provides a guarantee of business continuity in the event of a disaster.
MTN Business Data Centre Services
With MTN Business Data Centre Services, you get the following technical benefits:
- Housing and Protecting the Server – Including server location, power and environmental conditions; internet/IP connection; data center capabilities (i.e. raised floors, fire suppression); and firewall or threat management systems
- Monitoring and Tracking the Server – Including any monitoring of operating characteristics (disk space, RAM usage, etc) and the alert messaging system
- Responding and Repairing the Server – Covering any necessary server error services (i.e. troubleshooting and remediation services, part replacement and warranty)
- Preventative Measures – Include IT disaster recovery solutions such as on-site or off-site backup to ensure that the data on the server is always recoverable
For a monthly rental, you are provided highly available IT services while focusing on your core business. MTN’s state of the art facilities guarantees a near 100% availability with built in multi-layer redundancy.
Quick Facts About MTN Data Center
Location & Physical Security
- Secure , unmarked location with 24/7 video surveillance only accessible to preauthorized staff
- 1000 square metres of raised floor.
- Energy efficient, air cooled, air conditioning systems assuring ideal environmental conditions required for the performance of servers and IT infrastructure.
- Firewalls & network access controls prevent unauthorized access while eliminating vulnerabilities from any unknown sources.
- Two independent ultra-high bandwidth submarine cables provide international connectivity directly to the MTN Data Centre from any location nationwide, while delivering International Private Leased circuits to locations across the globe.
- Connectivity to MTN IP MPLS fibre network core via multiple fiber links, terrestrial licensed wireless and a high capacity satellite transponder offer adequate redundancy . This provides adequate connectivity to our other data centres , disaster recovery sites as well as numerous locations across Nigeria.
- Two power farms with two UPS plants provide 24×7 power supply. Two independent transformers also provide power supply from separate substations alongside with an onsite reservoir which holds no less than 400,000 litres of diesel at any point in time.
We Believe This Article Was Helpful, Don’t Hesitate To Share This Information With Your Friends On Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp and Google plus.
Disclaimer: The contents on this site is provided as an information guide only. They are intended to enhance public access to information about Education and other Endeavors. While every effort is made in preparing good information, no responsibility is accepted by or on behalf of this site for any errors, omissions or misleading statements. Although every effort is made to ensure the reliability of this site.
Copyright: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions & information purposes. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us via This Means to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.