National Open University Portal – The National Open University of Nigeria is a Federal Open and Distance Learning (ODL) institution.
And it is the first of its kind in the West African sub-region. Also, it is Nigeria’s largest tertiary institution in terms of student number and is popularly referred to as ‘NOUN’.
NOUN is an equal opportunity university determined to meet the following objectives that necessitated the establishment of open and distance education in Nigeria:
- Provision of Education for All and promotion of lifelong learning
- Filling the gap created by the closure of outreaches/satellite campuses
- Cost effectiveness
- Improved economies of scale
- Flexibility of delivery system
- Maximum utilization of academic personnel
- On-the-job teacher training
- Poverty eradication, vocational and lifelong education
- Provision of non-formal education
- Reaching the unreached
- Propagation of national orientation
List Of Faculties In National Open University:
How To Access National Open University Portal:
You can access the Open University Portal via the following links:
- Also, https://nou.edu.ng/courses
- Additionally, https://www.nounportal.org/
The Open University portal is created for old and prospective Students of the University. Also, it is to create an account or log in to perform certain academic actions at ease. Example:
- Payment of school fees.
- Also, checking of results.
- Additionally, admission form application.
- Furthermore, checking admission requirements.
- Also, checking programmes duration.
- Plus, admission letter download and how you can calculate your points (GP & CGPA), as well as other learning-related activities.
National Open University Admission Information:
How To Navigate National Open University Portal:
When you visit this portal you’ll see the menu options as shown and explained below:
1. Check Nounonline RRR
What is the meaning of RRR? RRR simply stands for Remita Retrieval Reference. You can easily and quickly check your Remita payment status. And this is by clicking on the RRR Link button which is provided on this portal.
The portal will provide you with a clear and complete guide on how to check Remita payment status for verification of Noun Fees Payment.
2. Student Login
Another important function is that it provides students of this great academic institution, direct access to their dashboard. However, for students who don’t know how or where to access their noun online dashboard, nouonline.net is the place you should be.
Also, it provides the student with an easy and direct link to the Nouonline Portal student registration and TMA login portal page.
3. Staff Login
Have you ever asked yourself where do Noun staff login? Well, this portal is also a place for the staff of this institution as well. Also, the Staff Login button is strictly for Noun site admin and staff login dashboard and not for students.
4. Semester Registration
Noun portal provides students easy access to quickly register their semester courses and other important registrations.
Also, through this page, you’ll be provided a link for the National Open University Semester registration, including the following as listed below;
- Noun study centers.
- Also, Noun registered students.
- Additionally, admitted Undergraduate Students.
- Furthermore, the National Open University admitted postgraduate students.
- Plus, exam registration.
- Also, Noun registered courses for Examination.
5. Application for National Open University Admission
You can now apply for admission into the National Open University of Nigeria through the nounonline portal. When you are applying for admission, you will be provided with the following:
- List of NOUN Programmes.
- Also, list of Noun study centers, where you get to see the center close to you.
- Additionally, guide on how to apply for undergraduate programs.
- Also, postgraduate program guide.
- Plus, how to Check Unique ID.
6. National Open University Ph.D. Programmes
On this portal, you’ll be able to see the NOUN Ph.D. Programmes. However, take note that the Ph.D. program contains everything you need to know about:
- Noun postgraduate school.
- Also, Ph.D. application for admission.
- Furthermore, procedures for the Ph.D. program.
- Also, available Ph.D. Programmes.
How to Register on the Portal
- Go to the Noun students registration portal >www-nouonline-net
- Click at the ‘students’ button and select the ‘Register’ link
- Furthermore, fill in the Noun students portal registration form and click the ‘Submit’ button
The form requires that you enter your noun matric number (in small letters), surname and other names, email address, phone number, state of origin and login password.
How to Login
- Visit the nounonline student portal www-nouonline-net
- At the nouonline.net menus, click the ‘Students’ button and select the ‘Login’ text from the drop-down option.
- Also, enter your student matric number, password. And click the ‘Submit’ button to get logged-in to your noun studware dashboard. This is whether as a newly admitted student or a noun second-semester student
Student Login Guide
Here is an official step by step procedures and guidelines on how you can easily log in to the National Open University of Nigeria Student portal. Thus, follow the guideline shared below to access your personalized student dashboard.
- Visit the student portal, click here – nouonline.net
- When the page loads up, proceed and click on “Student”.
Copyright Alert: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. In the case of re-publication in online platforms, proper acknowledgment include, but not limited to LINK BACK TO THE ARTICLE And proper REFERENCING in research usage. All contents are protected by Digital Millennium Copyright Act 1996 (DMCA).
If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us via This Means to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.