Nigeria Police Force Salary & Their Rank, Department & Structure- The Nigeria police force duty is to enforce the law in Nigeria and are being paid with taxpayers money. As at present, the force has a total number of 650,000. men and able bodied officers scattered among the various departments of the Nigerian Police.
Brief History Of Nigeria Police
The Nigeria police was established in 1930 and have 36 commands spread across different states of the nation.
The 36 commands are further grouped into 12 different zones which are controlled by 7 different administrative organs with over 2,000 police stations spread all over Nigeria for easy reach.
The head of the Police in Nigeria is the Inspector General of Police whose salary is also the highest in the force.
Nigeria Police Salary Information
On Nigeria Police Force Salary, the Nigeria police force (NPF) is organized in a command (authority) structure that helps it maintain order and control. It is further divided into grades and steps.
This serves as a distinction among officers in the same level. Among other things, all of these structure and grades finally serves as the basis of the salaries received by each officer in the force.
Department & Structure Of Nigeria Police Force
The commissioned officers are;
- The Inspector-General of Police
- The Deputy Inspector-General of Police
- The Assistant Inspector-General of Police
- The Commissioner of Police (In-charge of contingents in a state)
- The Deputy Commissioner of Police
- The Assistant Commissioner of Police
- The Chief Superintendent of Police
- The Superintendent of Police
- The Deputy Superintendent of Police
- The Assistant Superintendent of Police
- The Inspector of Police
Others Police Officers
- Sergeant Major
Table Showing Salary Of The Nigeria Police Force
|NO.||Level||Monthly Salary||Annual Salary|
|2||Police Constable Grade Level 03||N43, 293.80||N519,525.6|
|3||Police Constable Grade Level 10||N51,113.59||N613,363.08|
|4||Police Corporal On Grade 04 (1)||N44,715.53||N536,586.36|
|5||Police Corporal On Grade Level 04 (10)||N51,113.59||N613,365.08|
Police Sergeant On Grade 05 (step1)
Arms of the Nigeria Police
- Administrative arm
- Anti-Fraud Section
- The Central Criminal Registry
- Special Anti-Robbery Squad
- X-Squad, General Investigation
- Special Fraud Unit
- Legal Section
- Forensic Science Laboratory
- Interpol Liaison
- Police Mobile Force
- Anti-Human Trafficking Unit
- Force Intelligence Bureau
- DCI Kaduna Annex and Counter Terrorism Unit.
Nigeria Police Force Salary & Their Rank
Rank 1. Police Recruit Salary
- Police Recruit
A Police recruit is a person who is undergoing training to become a member of the police force. Technically, it is not a rank in the police force, as an individual here is just a trainee.
Salary per month – N9,019.42
Annual Salary – N108,233
Rank 2. Constable Salary
A Police Constable is a newly employed police man. It is said to be the lowest rank in Nigeria Police. it also has two grades;
- Police Constable Grade Level 10
Salary per month: N51,113.60
Salary per year: N613,363.10
- Police Constable Grade level 03
Salary per month: N43. 293.80
Salary per year: N519.525.6
Rank 3. Corporal Salary
This is a lower rank in the police force, it comes after constable. It is abbreviated as Cpl.
- 3a. Police Corporal On Grade 04 (1)
Salary per month – N44,715.53
Annual Salary – N536,586.36
- 3b. Police Corporal On Grade Level 04 (10)
Salary per month- N51,113.59
Annual Salary – N613,365.08
Rank 4. Sergeant Salary
Sergeant is the middle rank of a non commissioned officer. A Police Sergeant is below the rank of a sergeant major.
- 4a. Police Sergeant On Grade 05 (step1)
Salary per month – N48,540.88
Annual Salary – N582,490.56
- 4b. Police Sergent On Grade 05 (step 10)
Salary per month – N55,973.84
Annual Salary – N671,686.08
Rank 5. Sergeant Major Salary
Sergeant Major (SM) is the twelfth rank and the first of the rank and file junior officers in the Nigeria police force (NPF). It is the highest rank of non commissioned officer. A Sergeant Major assist administrative officer of a particular regiment.
- 5a. A Sergeant Major On Grade 06 (step 1)
Salary per month – N55,144.81
Annual Salary – N661,737.72
- 5b. Sergeant Major On Grade 06 (step 10)
Salary per month – N62,204.88
Annual Salary – N746,458.56
Rank 6. Inspector of Police Salary
A cadet Inspector is the lowest rank held by a police officer after undergoing a training of service as a commissioned officer. It is commonly known as Inspector of Police (IP).
- 6a. Cadet Inspector On Grade Level 07 (step1)
Salary per month – N73,231.51
Annual Salary – N878,778.12
- 6b. Cadet Inspector On Grade 07 (step10)
Salary per month – N87,135.70
Annual Salary – N1,045,628.4
Rank 7. Assistant Superintendent of Police Salary
It is the second lowest senior officer rank. It is above inspector and below superintendent.
- 7a. Assistant Superintendent Of Police On Grade 08 (step1)
Salary per month – N127,604.68
Annual Salary – N1,531,256.16
- 7b. Assistant Superintendent Of Police On Grade 08 (step10)
Salary per month – N144,152.07
Annual Salary – N1,729,824.84
- 7c. Assistant Superintendent Of Police On Grade 09 (step1)
Salary per month- N136, 616.06
Annual Salary- N1,639,392.72
- 7d. Assistant Superintendent Of Police On Grade 09 (step10)
Salary per month -N156,318.39
Annual Salary – N1,875,820.68
Rank 8. Deputy Superintendent of Police Salary
- 9a. Deputy Superintendent Of Police On Grade 10 (step1)
Salary per month -N148,733.29
Annual Salary -N1,784,799.48
- 9b.Deputy Superintendent Of Police on Grade 10 (step10)
Salary per month -N170,399.69
Annual Salary -N2,044,796.28
Rank 9. Superintendent of Police Salary
The rank of a Nigeria Superintendent is between Chief Superintendent and Deputy superintendent of Police
- 10a. Superintendent Of Police On Grade 11 (step1)
Salary per month – N161,478.29
Annual Salary -N1,937,739.48
- 10b. Superintendent Of Police On Grade 11 (step 10)
Salary per month – N187,616.69
Rank 10. Chief Superintendent of Police Salary
Chief Superintendent of Police (CSP) is the seventh rank in the police and the first of the intermediate officers. This is a senior rank in police force and it is higher than the Superintendent.
- 11a. Chief Of Superintendent Of Police on Grade 12 (step1)
Salary per month – N172,089.06
Annual Salary -N2,065,068.72
- 11b.Chief Of Superintendent Of Police On Grade 12 (step8)
Salary per month-N199,723.96
Annual Salary -N2,396,687.52
Rank 11. Assistant Commissioner of Police Salary
Assistant Commissioner of Police is the sixth highest rank in the Nigeria police senior officers rank. It is above Chief Superintendent and below Deputy Commissioner.
- 12a. Assistant Commissioner Of Police Grade 13 (step1)
Salary per month – N183,185.73
Annual Salary -N2,198,228.76
- 12b. Assistant Commissioner Of Police Grade 13 (step10)
Salary per month – N212,938.16
Annual Salary – N2,555,257.92
Rank 12. Deputy Commissioner of Police Salary
This rank is between the Assistant Commissioner and the Commissioner. The Deputy Commissioner takes over the command in the absent of the state commissioner. He supervises the Assistance Commissioner of police in their day to day running.
- 13a. Deputy Commissioner Of Police On Grade 14 (step1)
Salary per month – N242,715.65
Annual Salary – N2,912,587.8
- 13b. Deputy Commissioner Of Police On Grade 14 (step7)
Salary per month – N278,852.79
Annual Salary -N3,346,233.48
Rank 13. Commissioner of Police Salary
Commissioner of Police (CP) is the fourth rank; a CP is the one in charge of contingents in a state. He is the number one police man in the state.
- 14a. Commissioner Of Police on Grade 15 (step1)
Salary per month – N266,777.79
Annual Salary -N3,201,333.48
- 14b. Commissioner Of Police on Grade 15 (step6)
Salary per month- N302,970.47
Rank 14. Assistant Inspector-General of Police
Assistant Inspector-General (AIG) of Police is next to the DIG and the third highest rank in the Nigeria police force (NPF).
- 15. An Assistant Inspector General Of Police
Salary per month – N499,751.87
Annual Salary – N5,997,022.44
Rank 15. Deputy Inspector-General of Police Salary
Deputy Inspector-General (DIG) of Police is next in rank to the IGP; there may be more than one Deputy Inspector-General at a time.
- 16. Deputy Inspector General Of Police
Salary per month – N546,572.73
Annual Salary – N6,558,872.76
Rank 16. Inspector General of Police Salary
- 16. Inspector General Of Police, (IGP)
The highest rank in the Nigeria Police Force is the Inspector General of Police. He is appointed by the president.
He is the high-ranking police officer that would inspect, monitor and report any situation to the department.
He is also the head of the police force in Nigeria. Being the highest rank; there is only one serving Inspector-General at a time in the nation.
IGP Salary per month -N711,498
IGP Annual Salary – N8,537,976
Copyright Alert: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. In the case of re-publication in online platforms, proper acknowledgment include, but not limited to LINK BACK TO THE ARTICLE And proper REFERENCING in research usage. All contents are protected by Digital Millennium Copyright Act 1996 (DMCA).
If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us via This Means to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.