The Nigeria Police Training Schools and Institutions represent the Department of Training And Development of the Nigeria Police Force. Nigeria Police Training Schools and Institutions plans for and coordinates all the activities to meet the training needs of the recruits and the already existing force.
The Nigeria Police Training Schools and Institutions department coordinates the recruitment process of the force; staff and manpower development; training and retraining of officers and men of the Force. They’re specifically saddled with the task of formulating and implementing policies on training and manpower development to keep the force in alignment with the dynamic nature of the society.
Through Training Schools and Institutions activities, the department works assiduously to ensure that the force executes its cardinal responsibilities of protection of life and property as well as the preservation of peace and order in the society.
Nigeria Police Training Schools, Institutions and Location
The Nigeria Police Training Schools and Institutions has whole lot of facilities in the country for their training and recruitments.
In view of the importance attached to Training Schools and Institutions in the Nigeria Police Force, especially on standard and uniformity, the department is not replicated like other departments at the zonal and state command levels. Therefore, it coordinates all activities of the force with regards to training and manpower development from the Force Headquarters, Abuja. At this level, it operates three sections headed by Commissioners of Police. Here are the list of Nigeria Police Training Schools, Institutions and their location. They are listed below;
Nigeria Police College
There are five Police colleges for training recruits into the Nigeria police in different areas of the country. They are the Oji river, Ikeja, Kaduna, and Maiduguri police colleges.
Other organizations like Nigeria Immigration, also use these training institutions to train their recruits. The ranks of officers trained in these facilities include cadet assistant superintendents and cadet sub-inspectors.
Other specialized institutions include Police Mobile Force Training School in Abuja, Counterterrorism (CTU) training school in Rivers State, Mounted Training Centre, Police Detective College at Enugu, and the Police Dogs Service Training Centre.
Nigeria Police Academy (NPA)
The Nigeria Police Academy (NPA) was founded in 2003 to provide Police training and academic training. The institution is in Wudil Kano state.
In 2012, the government upgraded the NPA to a degree-awarding institution. In this Academy, you will receive Police training and take academic courses for five years.
When you graduate, you will receive a bachelor’s degree and commissioning as an Assistant Superintendent of Police (ASP) of the Nigeria Police.
The list of Nigeria Police Training Schools, Institutions and their location includes: They are the department that carries out training functions through the following institutions:
- Police Staff College, Jos
- Police Academy, Kano
- Police College, Ikeja
- Police College, Kaduna
- Police College, Maiduguri
- Police College, Oji-River
- Police Detective College, Enugu
- Police College of Information Technology, Abeokuta
- Police Mobile Training School, Gwoza
- Police Mobile Training School, Ila-orangun
- Mounted/Dog Training Schools, Jos
- Traffic Training School, Ikeja
- Police School of Music, Ikeja
- Police School of Communication, Ikeja & Kaduna
- Police School of Anti-Terrorism, Nonwa-Tai
- Police Training School, Sokoto
- Police Training School, Bauchi
- Police Training School, Minna
- Police Training School, Jos
- Police Training School, Nonwa Tai
- Police Training School, Ibadan
- Police Training School, Benin City
- Police Training School, Oyin Akoko
- Police Training School, Makurdi
- Police Training School, Iperu
- Police Training School, Calabar
- Police Training School, Ilorin
- Police Training School, Ikeja
Nigeria Police Schools Admission Requirements
The following are the admission requirements:
- Candidates seeking admission into the Academy must be Nigerian citizen.
- Must be between 17 and 22 years of age.
- Must have a height of not less than 1.67 Metres (5 Feet 6 Inches) if male, and 1.62 Metres (5 Feet 4 Inches) if female. In addition, male candidates must have an expanded chest size of not less than 86 cm (34 Inches).
- All candidates must be free from any physical deformity or mental disability.
- Candidates must have obtained a minimum of SIX (6) credits at the Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (SSCE) conducted by the West African Examinations Council (WAEC), the National Examinations Council (NECO) or the National Business and Technical Examinations Board (NABTEB) at not more than 2 sittings and including a credit pass in English Language and Mathematics as well as subjects relevant to the candidate’s chosen course of study in the Academy.
- Candidates must also obtain satisfactory scores in both the written examination and the interview and must pass physical and psychological tests of fitness.
- Only candidates who are successful in the Selection Examination will be invited for the Nigeria Police Academy Selection Board Interview.
- The list of successful candidates will be published on our website and in some national newspapers
Disclaimer: The contents on this site are intended to enhance public access to educational information and other endeavors. While every effort is made in preparing good information, no responsibility is accepted by or on behalf of this site for any errors. Although every effort is made to ensure the reliability of this site.
Copyright: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us via This Means to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.