OAU Courses & Admission Requirements-Obafemi Awolowo University Ile Ife is one of the leading federal University in Nigeria. It is situated at Ife Osun state Nigeria. The university offers admission into various discipline annually.
If you are applicant or inquirer seeking to know the list of courses offered in OAU, admission requirements, school fees and Jamb cutoff mark, this page is for you.
There are various faculties and departments in OAU. According to the information available, the Faculty of Technology at Ife was the first Faculty of Engineering to be christened as a Faculty of Technology in Nigeria.
The foundation Departments were: Agricultural Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Computer Science, Electronic and Electrical Engineering, and Food Science and Technology.
This page contain the full list of OAU Courses & Admission Requirements and the breakdown of the list includes available faculties and undergraduate courses / programmes offered in Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU) which are also approved by National Universities Commission (NUC).
List Of OAU Courses & Admission Requirements:
The following below are the available faculties and courses in Obafemi Awolowo University.
1. The Faculty of Technology:
- Department of Agricultural and Environmental Engineering,
- Department of Chemical Engineering,
- Department of Civil Engineering,
- Department of Computer Science and Engineering,
- Department of Electronic and Electrical Engineering,
- Department of Food Science and Technology,
- Department of Mechanical Engineering,
- Department of Materials Science and Engineering,
2. Faculty of Art:
- Religious Studies
- Foreign Languages
- Fine Arts
- Dramatic Arts
- Institute of Cultural Studies
3. Faculty of Environmental Design and Management:
- Fine and Applied Arts
- Estate Management
- Quantity Surveying
- Urban and Regional Planning
4. Faculty of Basic Medical Science:
- Anatomy and Cell Biology
- Medical Biochemistry
- Physiological Sciences
- Medical Pharmacology and Therapeutics
- Chemical Pathology
- Hematology and Immunology
- Medical Microbiology and Parasitology
- Morbid Anatomy and Forensic Medicine
- Nursing Science
- Medical Rehabilitation
5. Faculty of Science:
6. Faculty of Education:
- Education Technology & Library Studies
- Adult Education and Lifelong Learning
- Educational Foundations and Counseling
- Arts and Social Sciences Education
- Science and Technology Education
- Educational Management
- Institute of Education
- Physical and Health Education
7. Faculty of Clinical Sciences:
- Community Health
- Dermatology and Venereology
- Mental Health
- Obstetrics, Gynaecology and Perinatology
- Orthopaedics and Traumatology
- Paediatrics and Child Health
8. Faculty of Law:
- International Law
- Jurisprudence and Private Law
- Public Law
- Business Law
9. The Faculty of Social Science:
- Demography and Social Statistics,
- Political Science
- Sociology & Anthropology
10. Faculty of Agriculture:
- Agricultural Economics
- Agricultural Extension and Rural Development
- Animal Science
- Crop Production
- Soil Science
- Family, Nutrition & Consumer Sciences.
- Faculty of Dentistry
- Child Dental Health
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and Oral
- Preventive and Community Dentistry
- Restorative Dentistry
OAU General Admission Requirements:
The minimum entry requirements to the first year is a General Certificate of Education (or equivalent) with Credit passes in at least five subjects chosen from a list approved from time to time by Senate provided that in each case all the five subjects are taken and passed at not more than two sittings.
- One of the passes shall be a pass at ‘O’ Level or equivalent in English Language.
- Except in the cases of candidate for admission to the Faculty of Arts, the Faculty of Law, and for the Bachelor of Arts in Education in the Faculty of Education, one of the credit passes shall be a pass at ‘O’ Level or equivalent in Mathematics.
- A pass in the General Paper of the Higher School Certificate is regarded as equivalent to a credit pass in English Language at ‘O’ Level.
OAU JAMB Cut-off Mark:
Only the candidates who made the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife their first choice in the last UTME and scored 200 and above are eligible for the screening exercise.
OAU Admission Screening Requirements:
The Obafemi Awolowo University holds her admission screening exercises within a week or couple of weeks and it usually comes in two phases. Students who applied to study in the school are to proceed for the pre-screening exercise when once it is being announced.
Documents required for the pre-screening exercise are: SSCE result and JAMB registration print out only.
It is often important that a candidate arrive early and locate his/her screening venue early. Candidates will be screen on the JAMB scores and their SSCE result
The second phase of the screening is after the admission lists might have been released. Candidates who have merited the admission will be invited for another screening exercise. Here all documents such as;
- Original copies of their educational qualifications (Statements of Results/Certificates).
N/B: Cases of awaiting results will NOT be accepted.
- Birth Certification/Age Declaration.
- A letter of good conduct from your Village Head or a responsible member of your
community/or civil servant not below Grade Level 10 or equivalent in the private sector.
- Certificate of Local Government of origin; and this notification of admission status
OAU School Fees Structure:
- Faculty of Arts, Administration, Social Sciences, Education and Law applicants will pay 43,700 Naira per session.
- Faculty of Agriculture, Technics, Education Sciences, Science applicants will pay 54,700 Naira per session.
- Faculty of Health Sciences, Pharamaciences, Medicine applicant will pay 57,700 Naira per session!
- Accommodation charges, all fresh students will be provided the accommodation according to first to come and first served service. The price for the accommodation is 3,090 Naira.
- The cost for this Levy is 18,000 Naira. It`s paid once by all fresh students.
Copyright Alert: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. In the case of re-publication in online platforms, proper acknowledgment include, but not limited to LINK BACK TO THE ARTICLE And proper REFERENCING in research usage. All contents are protected by Digital Millennium Copyright Act 1996 (DMCA).
If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us via This Means to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.