OceanHub Africa is launching the second cohort of its six-month online acceleration program to support up to six of Africa’s most promising impact-for-profit startups focused on preserving and restoring the health of the ocean.
The OceanHub Africa Online Acceleration is on a mission to support ocean-minded start-ups with the express aim of nurturing an environmentally conscious and profitable economy that effectively mitigates the effects of global warming as well as the overexploitation and pollution of the oceans.
Leveraging its highly qualified network of stakeholders and facilitators, it will deliver to the accelerated start-ups a program that seeks out sustainable pathways yielding stable profits (ROIs) and avenues for scalable growth throughout Africa.
OceanHub Africa Online Acceleration Eligibility
- Your start-up is ocean-minded: it has a direct or indirect positive impact on the oceans (addressing climate change, pollution or overexploitation of the ocean)
- You are a for-profit and operate in Africa
- You have a scalable service or product available on the market or soon to be available on the market
- Your product or service is clearly innovative and/or your business model is disruptive
- You are looking for investments or new markets
OceanHub Africa Online Acceleration Benefits
Become part of OceanHub Africa portfolio will allow you to:
- Unlock a network of leading ocean experts, mentors (entrepreneurs, investors, innovation experts, impact experts, scientists, lawyers, etc.), impact investors and potential clients
- Get support to fast-track your growth by acquiring new customers or running your first Proof of Concept, and scaling your business through commercial contracts and fund raises.
- Hear from previous cohort here
- Up to $25k worth of cloud service thanks to our partner AWS Activate
- Free access to IoT prototyping thanks to our partner SigFox (Sqwidnet)
- Over $40k worth of mechanical engineering design software licences for prototyping and virtual testing, thanks to our partner 3DExperience Lab
- Access to Dassault Systèmes, Amazon Web Services and SigFox international marketplaces and/or salesforce for finished products of accelerated startups
- but also advisory sessions with: Cullinans&Associates (international environmental law firm), BVPG (commercial and transactional law), Blue Oceans Partners (ocean impact Venture Capitalist fund), Ocean14 Capital (ocean impact Private Equity fund), WWF-SA, Dept of Oceanography University of Cape Town, EuroSIMA (oceantech experts) and more!
Mentorship & Support
- Hands-on mentorship from our team of mentors
- Tailored business skills and personal development 1 to 1 training
- Sales, administrative and HR support
- Access to our network of scientific, business, impact and investment experts from international corporations, foundations, universities and IGOs
- Access to networking events and conferences, including a stand and stage time at the Ocean Innovation Africa annual summit
- Access to potential clients (market leads) for local and international expansion
- Access to our international network of ocean-impact incubators/accelerators to scale overseas
- Access to key external partners
- Support in preparing and running investor pitches, including training sessions with investors directly
- Support in structuring deals, including reviews by transactional and commercial lawyers
- Access to a large portfolio of impact investors part of our ecosystems (inc. Blue Ocean Partners, Ocean14 Capital, Finca Ventures, HAVAIC, Sky Ventures, AquaSpark, Fynd Ventures, Athelia … …) as well as corporate venture capitalist funds
- 20 Jan-5 March: application period
- 5-12 March: screening of the applications
- 12 March: announcement of short-listed start-ups
- 16 & 17 March: pitch training
- 19 March: pitching session in front of the final selection committee
- 24 March: announcement of start-ups selected
- 6 April: program starts
5th March 2021
Disclaimer: The contents on this site are intended to enhance public access to educational information and other endeavors. While every effort is made in preparing good information, no responsibility is accepted by or on behalf of this site for any errors. Although every effort is made to ensure the reliability of this site.
Copyright: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us via This Means to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.