The Food Environment Research group Post-doctoral Research Fellows (a collective from Department of Dietetics and Nutrition, School of Public Health and the DSI/NRF Center of Excellence in Food Security) at the University of the Western Cape under the leadership of Prof Rina Swart is seeking research to work on several studies related to the food environment in South Africa.
Eligible applicants are required to have:
- Completed a PhD in the last five years. For applicants who did not obtain their qualification in South Africa, a valid SAQA certificate should be in hand at the time of application.
- The field of study should be in Public Health, Nutrition, Health Economics, Medical Sciences or related fields (see more detail for specific studies below)
- Have a strong academic record with evidence of research experience and peer-reviewed publications.
- Be physically present in South Africa, due to the nature of the research projects.
- Have not hold a previous post-doc appointment
How to Apply for Post-doctoral Research Fellows 2022.
Eligible candidates should provide the following:
- A cover letter (1-2 pages) motivating for the candidate’s suitability and identifying the specific project(s) of interest
- A CV including all publications and other scholarly research output
- Evidence of publication record and writing skills (which can be copies of or a link to relevant previous peer-reviewed publication)
- An academic transcript
- For those who require a SAQA certificated please include the copy of the certificate
- Names and contact details of at least 3 referees who have supervised or worked with the candidate and can speak to their experience and skills
Enquiries and completed application should be emailed to Carnita Ernest, email@example.com with cc to Rina Swart firstname.lastname@example.org. Use subject heading: Application for Postdoctoral Fellowship (Food Environments).
Completed applications need to be submitted by no later than 5pm on 10 January 2022.
Applications by South Africans from historically disadvantaged groups will be prioritized. Shortlisted applicants will be invited for an interview.
The University the Western Cape reserves the right to change the conditions of award or to make no award at all.
January 10th 2022
We Believe This Article Was Helpful, Don’t Hesitate To Share This Information With Your Friends On Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp and Google plus.
Disclaimer: The contents on this site is provided as an information guide only. They are intended to enhance public access to information about Education and other Endeavors. While every effort is made in preparing good information, no responsibility is accepted by or on behalf of this site for any errors, omissions or misleading statements. Although every effort is made to ensure the reliability of this site.
Copyright: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions & information purposes. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us via This Means to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.