South African Most Affordable Universities and Their Fees(Latest) is a presentation of South African government-owned universities which are most affordable and cheap. This however does not make them the least ranked across the world.
These universities undoubtedly make the list of the most respected universities with the state-of-the-art facilities which can be find in all of their faculties of learning and, of course, they are known to give their students, whether foreign or local, the A-list standard of education found anywhere in the world.
South African Most Affordable Universities and Their Fees(Latest).
South Africa is already known for her booming economy and massive investment in education; it is in the light of this awareness that we present to you the list below:
- Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University
- University of Cape Town
- University of Fort Hare
- North-West University
- Rhodes University
- Stellenbosch University
- University of Venda (Univen)
- University of the Western Cape (UWC)
- University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg (Wits)
- Durban University of Technology (DUT)
1. Rhodes University
Established in 1904, this university is one of the oldest in Africa. It is proud of six faculties in the Rhodes University of Africa: – Рharmacy, Education, Science, Law, Commerce, and Humanities.
Rhodes University has two basic types of fees:
- The first fee is the tuition fee which ranges from R29,200 ($2174) to R50,700 ($3.775). This payment is for undergraduate programs at the university.
- The second fee is the residence fee which ranges from R51,900 ($3864) to R54,500 ($4058).
Registration fee costs R4,400 ($328).
Official Site: https://www.ru.ac.za/
2. North-West University
Registration will cost you just R150 ($11).
The R500 ($37) for application placement fee will also be required.
The tuition fees are an estimated fee of R31,000 ($2313) to R47,000 ($3507) for undergraduates programs.
For residence fees:
You will pay R17,630 ($1315) for a standard room and R18,280 ($1364) for a single room.
Official Site: http://www.nwu.ac.za/
3. University of Cape Town
The international student is required to pay R90,000 ($6716) for full-time undergraduate programmes and R60,000 ($4478) for Master`s programmes.
The residence fee is R28,000 ($2089).
For Ph.D. degree in the university: you will need to pay the full Master`s Degree Fee plus R3,750 ($279).
Official Site: https://www.uct.ac.za/
4. Stellenbosch University
Estimated fees range from USD 3,500 to USD 6,500 per academic year.
Depending on your country of origin, tuition fees for students from the SADC are of ZAR 60,000 (South African Rands) per academic year, while those from other African countries pay ZAR 83,940. Everyone else pays ZAR 110,700 per academic year.
Official Site: http://www.sun.ac.za/english
5. Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University
Estimated fees range between USD 1,9000 to USD 4,500 per academic year.
International students go from USD 1,900 to USD 4,100 for the first year of studies, making NMU a very affordable university in South Africa.
Non-SADC students also have to pay a foreign administrative fee of USD 379.
Official Site: https://www.mandela.ac.za/
6. University of Venda UniVen
UniVen is divided into eight schools of law, agriculture, human and social science, mathematical and natural sciences, environmental science, health sciences, education, and management sciences.
Tuition range from USD 1,500 to USD 3,000 per academic year.
Tuition varies depending on the major and the academic year of the degree program:
- The first year of the degree programmes is charged between ZAR 25,000 to ZAR 50,000.
- International students pay an additional registration fee.
7. University of the Western Cape UWC
Tuition ranges between USD 1,750 and USD 5,400 per academic year.
African and SADC students pay local fees between ZAR 30,140 (USD 1,750 approx.) and ZAR 58,180 (USD 3,400 approx.) per academic year.
International students from other countries will pay between USD 3,800 and USD 5,400 per academic year.
8. University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg Wits
Estimated tuition is USD 2,100 to USD 7,500 per academic year.
SADC students pay local fees plus a registration fee of USD 400 approx.
International students from the rest of the world pay two times the local fees. This means you are paying between USD 2,100 and USD 7,500 per academic year. It also depends on your degree program.
9. Durban University of Technology DUT
Students wishing to secure admission in this school should keep between USD 2,500 and USD 6,000 per academic year.
Tuition is calculated in accordance to the classes you are taking. Each subject has a specific price, which ranges from USD 70 to USD 750.
A down payment upon enrollment is approximately USD 600.
Names of More Universities in South Africa You May Wish to Attend:
- The Central University of Technology in Bloemfontein
- The Mangosuthu University of Technology in Durban
- Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University Pretoria
- Sol Plaatje University Kimberley
- The Tshwane University of Technology Pretoria
- Universiteit van die Vrystaat Bloemfontein
- University of Fort Hare Alice
- University of Johannesburg Johannesburg
- The University of KwaZulu-Natal Durban
- The University of Limpopo Mankweng
- University of Mpumalanga Nelspruit
- University of Pretoria Pretoria
- The University of the Western Cape Bellville
- The University of Zululand Kwadlangezwa
- The Vaal University of Technology Vanderbijlpark
- Walter Sisulu University
The order of arrangement of the above South African Most Affordable Universities and Their Fees, does not follow any international ranking as each of the listed universities has over the years been maintaining its world class repute without interruption.
We Believe This Article Was Helpful, Don’t Hesitate To Share This Information With Your Friends On Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp and Google plus.
Disclaimer: The contents on this site is provided as an information guide only. They are intended to enhance public access to information about Education and other Endeavors. While every effort is made in preparing good information, no responsibility is accepted by or on behalf of this site for any errors, omissions or misleading statements. Although every effort is made to ensure the reliability of this site.
Copyright: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions & information purposes. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us via This Means to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.