UNESCO Online Leadership Training are happy to announce the implementation of the Regional Leadership Training Program (LTP) on ESD & Green TVET for Arab youth in September 2020.
This program builds on successful previous projects in this regard, including the implementation of the National (February 2017) & the Arab World regional (August 2017) ESD Leadership trainings. It also seeks to scale up the youth leadership response facing the COVID19 impacts on the world in general and the Arab region in specific.
The program seeks to apply a joint cross-sectoral, inter-disciplinary, and innovative approach that combines elements from both UNESCO programs, with a focus on the empowerment and leadership of youth in the Arab region, as change agents for sustainable development, through 3 main pillars:
- Development and implementation of capacity-building framework for Youth Leaders
- Follow-up and mentorship with the trained youth for implementation of local initiatives
Establishment of youth-led network for exchange and collaboration on ESD & Green TVET
UNESCO Online Leadership Training Objectives:
Designed for young people from the Arab region aged 18-35 who are active leaders in sustainable development in their communities and regions, this training seeks to:
- Empower youth leaders to inspire and mobilize others to take action towards building more sustainable, just and resilient communities
- Build a youth-led ESD and Green TVET network for exchange and collaboration*
UNESCO Online Leadership Training Requirements
To be eligible for participation in the Training Course, you must:
1) Be between 18-35 years of age as of (date of application deadline).
2) Have demonstrated active engagement in ESD or in Green TVET as an educator, trainer, member of a non-governmental organization (NGO), private sector professional, policymaker, researcher, student or in any other relevant capacity.
3) Have a good command of English, and be able to actively participate in all the sessions.
4) Be able to attend the full program of the Training Course.
5) Wish to meet and collaborate with other ESD/Green TVET youth leaders from around the world.
6) Have success stories or innovative initiatives to share, and wishing to contribute to the global conversation on ESD/Green TVET.
7) Be committed to mobilize youth peers in their community within 1 year after participating in the Workshop for ESD and Green TVET Youth Leaders and empower them to be actively engaged with ESD and /or Green TVET activities.
8) Be interested in being invited to participate as ESD and/or Green TVET youth representative in conferences, seminars and workshops around the world.
9) be from one of the below countries of the Arab region; Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen
How to apply For UNESCO Online Leadership Training Programme
Applicants must submit the following documents to be considered:
1) Application form: Please complete the Application Form in English. Download the Application Form sent by the organizers.
2) Your Curriculum Vitae (CV).
3) ESD/Green TVET Experience Tracking excel sheet (Please refer to end of document for more details)
Please submit your application by email (attaching the application form, your CV, and the ESD/TVET experience tracking sheet) to email@example.com.
Selection Criteria For the Programme
Participants will be selected according to the following criteria:
1) Age: between 18 and 35 years .
2) Experience: engagement, high interest and expertise in ESD/Green TVET.
3) Leadership: demonstrated leadership in their field, particularly among youth.
4) Motivation: willingness and ability to actively take part in the training sessions, and share their
learning with a wider community of youth.
5) Commitment: integrity and commitment to advance ESD and Green TVET and contribute to the
global youth network:
- Geographic, gender, age balance, and field, sector diversity will be considered.
- Selection results will be sent out to all applicants by Sunday August 16 th 2020 UNESCO ESD Youth Network
- Selected applicants who successfully complete the Training Course will be provided with a Certificate of Participation from UNESCO, and will be eligible to apply for membership in the UNESCO ESD Youth Network and Green TVET Youth Network
The Youth Network will serve as platform for the Youth leaders to:
- Be invited to participate as youth representative in conferences, seminars and workshops around the world.
- Find mentors from the large variety of members of ESD and Green TVET platforms to get advice or support for the needs of Youth leaders.
- Be invited as mentor/facilitator of training workshops for ESD/Green TVET Youth Leaders around the world.
- Share information with other ESD/Green TVET Youth leaders around the world to help each other and collaborate on joint projects etc.
For More Information:
Sunday August 16 th 2020 Midnight Beirut time
Disclaimer: The contents on this site are intended to enhance public access to educational information and other endeavors. While every effort is made in preparing good information, no responsibility is accepted by or on behalf of this site for any errors. Although every effort is made to ensure the reliability of this site.
Copyright: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us via This Means to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.