WARC Travel Grants promotes intra-African cooperation and exchange among researchers and institutions by providing support to African scholars and graduate students for research visits to other institutions and regions on the continent.
The WARC Travel Grant provides travel costs up to $1,500 and a stipend of $1,500.
Application Deadline: 15th October 2020
Eligible Countries: West African countries
Type: Research Grants
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Duration of Grants: Between Jan 1, 2021 and June 30, 2021
Value of Grants: The WARC Travel Grant provides travel costs up to $1,500 and a stipend of $1,500.
This competition is open only to West African nationals, with priority given to those affiliated with West African colleges, universities, or research institutions.
How To Apply For WARC Travel Grants:
- Abstract (50-80 words) of proposed activity with a clear statement of purpose
- Project/Research description (6 double-spaced pages maximum) including why travel is necessary (must be in language understandable to non-specialist readers)
- Proposed budget
- Curriculum vitae (with research and teaching record)
- Photocopy of the applicant’s passport (must be a West African national)
- All applications must be submitted online in PDF documents
- All applicants must have a recommendation letter.
- If attending a conference:
– an abstract of the paper to be read
– letter of acceptance to the conference
- If visiting another institution:
– invitation from host institution
- If travel is to consult archives or other materials:
– a description of the collections to be consulted and their significance to the applicant’s research
- If you are a graduate student:
– letter of recommendation from professor overseeing your research
For More Information:
Please address inquiries to
Marianne Yade West African Research Center/Centre de Recherche Ouest Africaine
Visit The Official Website
Copyright Alert: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. In the case of re-publication in online platforms, proper acknowledgment include, but not limited to LINK BACK TO THE ARTICLE And proper REFERENCING in research usage. All contents are protected by Digital Millennium Copyright Act 1996 (DMCA).
If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us via This Means to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.