Women in Africa Young Leaders Program is launching the second edition of the WIA Young Leaders Programme, developed in partnership with Christian Dior Couture, Lazard Frères Investment bank and the global digital leader Huawei. After a successful first edition, WIA and its partners renew the commitment to support and highlight young African women leaders who will play a major role in the African revolution.
A jury made up of internationally renowned personalities will select 8 remarkable young women in their field of activity or expertise. An initiative that is part of WIA’s desire to promote equal opportunities and to allow young leaders to be supported each year to go further.
The WIA Young Leaders will benefit from a tailor-made training path whose themes will be related to women’s leadership and the skills needed for the future. Then, in autumn 2022, the laureates will benefit from a “business trip” in a world economic capital to:
- connect with high-level personalities and mentors such as CEOs, ministers, journalists,
business or public figures, and accomplished entrepreneurs
- be trained on boards of directors, media training, career coaching and other customized
- benefit from high media visibility
A personalized follow-up will be set up by WIA, to identify the individual needs of the Young Leaders and to respond with precision to the progression of their skills.
How to Apply for Women in Africa Young Leaders Program 2022.
- Women between 25 and 40 years old (flexibility possible depending on experience level)
- Born in an African country or having parents born in an African country
- Involvement in the development of the continent and social commitment
- Leadership skills (humility, empathy and resilience)
- Special consideration will be given to candidates with “self-made” backgrounds
- Vision of what Africa should be in the future.
- Willingness to reconcile business conduct, social impact and public/private dialogue.
- Ability to take on responsibilities at the highest level.
- Strong convincing skills combined with a taste for teamwork.
- Francophone, Anglophone, ideally bilingual.
The call for applications will be open from March 17, 2022 to April 15, 2022 at midnight (French time).
The selection process will be conducted in two phases:
- Selection based on file
- Interview with the jury
Disclaimer: The contents on this site are intended to enhance public access to educational information and other endeavors. While every effort is made in preparing good information, no responsibility is accepted by or on behalf of this site for any errors. Although every effort is made to ensure the reliability of this site.
Copyright: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us via This Means to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.