An account officer is a certified professional who deals with all finance-related activities of a business. They help maintain business transactions, keep records of the transaction as well as handle the government statutes regulations relevant to the business.
Account Officers, in many cases, supervise an organization’s general bookkeeping staff and monitor all account transactions. They perform accounting duties and managerial responsibilities in their role. Employing a skilled Account Officer can help a company create and maintain accurate, extensive financial records and process payments and invoices with greater efficiency. Many companies and industries hire Account Officers to manage their bookkeeping. Some large companies hire multiple Account Officers, overseen by a Chief Account Officer.
The Account Officer Salaries in Nigeria
Account Officer Salaries in Nigeria – The average net salary for Account Officer in Nigeria is ₦85K to ₦106K.
Entry Level Salary for Account Officer in Nigeria – ₦85K
Mid Level Salary for Account Officer in Nigeria – ₦115K
Senior Level Salary for Account Officer in Nigeria – ₦250K
Duties of an Account Officer
The duties include recording transactions, payments and expenses and processing invoices. They also send out bills and invoices, follow up on overdue payments and ensure that a company’s invoices and payments match up correctly by cross-checking the original document to the company’s record. Other include:
- Manages the financial bookkeeping of a business or organization..
- invoice processing
- Keep track and take care of accounts payable and receivable
- Billing and tracking business expenses
- Review and Verify Financial Documents
Account Officer Qualifications Skills
Bsc in Account, Marketing, Business Administration or relevant field
- Advanced math skills to keep accurate records and supervise the bookkeeping of an organization
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to interact regularly with clients regarding sensitive topics like billing and payments
- Excellent organization skills for maintaining clear, accurate and meticulous financial records for a company
- Attention to detail for ensuring the accuracy of a company’s records and invoices
- Multitasking in order to successfully handle multiple accounts, invoices and payments at various stages of execution
- Excellent efficiency for handling any accounting issues quickly with minimal interference
- Financial acumen
- Time management
Common Account Officer Interview Questions
- What are the types of Lease we have in accounting?
- How and When to prepare bank reconciliation statement?
- If you are hired for this job, describe your strategy for the next 90 days.
- A customer calls you and says that they were overcharged for a transaction. How do you handle the situation?
- Can you tell me about a time when you had tight deadlines and needed to prioritize some accounts over others? How did you handle the situation?
- Can you tell me about your experience with data entry and accounting software?
Copyright Alert: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. In the case of re-publication in online platforms, proper acknowledgment include, but not limited to LINK BACK TO THE ARTICLE And proper REFERENCING in research usage. All contents are protected by Digital Millennium Copyright Act 1996 (DMCA).
If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us via This Means to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.