Beit Trust Scholarships For African Students is part of the annually offered Scholarships abroad for students to studies or research in various beneficial area.
In 2020, the Trust awarded 19 new Scholarships at British and South African universities, by means of generous academic partnerships with leading institutions.
Malawi, Zambia or Zimbabwe
The scholarship is for masters students
Beit Trust Scholarships Eligibility:
- Applications should be for a one-year taught Master’s Degree (to UK universities); and a two-year taught Master’s in South Africa
- Only nationals of Zambia, Zimbabwe and Malawi, who are also resident in and intend to return to those countries, are eligible to apply;
Value of Scholarship:
- Fees and costs of tuition and related academic expenses are paid by the Trust direct to the universities.
- Payment of a personal allowance, index linked in accordance with guidance from an independent authority covering maintenance support.
- Other allowances are paid for arrival, a laptop and printing of a thesis, and return home.
- Economy Class air passages are provided by the Trust for the initial journey to the place of study, and for the return at the end of the course.
- No allowances are paid for spouses or other family members.
Duration of Scholarship:
Duration of 1 year in UK, and 2 yrs in SA
How To Apply For Beit Trust Scholarships
You will be required to upload the following documents with your application.
- A signed Medical Certificate Form from your doctor. This will need to be completed before you begin the application process below. Please download the form here: Medical Certificate Form
- A certified copy of your offer letter from a Beit Partner University/s (deferral letter if applicable).
- Degree results (incl. certificates of importance).
- Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- A personal statement (no longer than 500 words) to explain in your own words how you think a postgraduate degree will benefit your country and its development.
- A clear recent photograph of yourself, not a passport photo, but something that shows you to your best advantage.
- A clear copy of your valid passport, showing date of issue and expiry. Please ensure it is valid for the duration of your proposed studies; and that sufficient blank pages are available to accommodate visa and travel stamp requirements.
Varies within universities. The absolute deadline for applications to reach the Trust is 12th February 2021,
For More Information: Click Here
Copyright Alert: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. In the case of re-publication in online platforms, proper acknowledgment include, but not limited to LINK BACK TO THE ARTICLE And proper REFERENCING in research usage. All contents are protected by Digital Millennium Copyright Act 1996 (DMCA).
If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us via This Means to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.