Following the high rise of insecurity and a couple of other things in the country and the rush to leave the country at the airport by Nigerian citizens, the cost of Nigerian international passport currently has risen a bit higher and has even changed in dimensions and time. It now comes with two added qualities and these are, the extended time-limit of its use and the extended number of its pages.
THE NEW INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT, IS IT SAFE?
The Comptroller General of the Nigeria Immigration Service has said the latest passport introduced possesses enhanced features which will make it easier for security management that the new passport will bring discipline in the system. The new passport reform programme is weather friendly and very International Civil Aviation (ICAO) compliant.
Characteristically, the international passport has polycarbonate technology that eliminates damages and enhanced security features. Most importantly, it saves Nigerians living overseas time of the frequent visit to the Nigerian Embassy for passport processing.
However, the old and new passports work concurrently.
The Minister of interior made it clear that the electronic passport database is the most reliable source of data for criminal investigation. He stated further that the challenge the country is facing currently is that the passport was being produced in a foreign country, that for security reasons it is important Nigeria passport should be produced in the country. He concluded that the government is in the process of producing the passport locally because the Nigeria Minting Company will take over the production in due course.
The Cost of Nigerian International Passport Currently.
Nigeria government launched a new enhanced security Nigerian international passport with 10 years validity. Nonetheless, for all these prices, applicants can process the application form and do the payment online through the appropriate Nigeria Immigration Service porter.
FOR THOSE APPLYING FOR 64-PAGE PASSPORT WITHIN NIGERIA
The 64-Page international passport with 10 years validity will cost NGN70,000 in the country.
The 32-Page international passport with five years validity will cost NGN25,000 in the country.
RENEWAL FOR 32-PAGE INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT WITHIN THE COUNTRY
The costs are:
- For Teenager (From day-old to 17 years old) : Eight thousand seven hundred and fifty Naira
- For Adult (From 18 years old to 59 years old) : Fifteen thousand Naira
- For the Old (From 60 years old to any age upwards) : Eight thousand seven hundred and fifty Naira
RENEWAL FOR 64-PAGE INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT WITHIN THE COUNTRY
The official cost regardless of the categories of applicants is Twenty thousand Naira.
RENEWAL FOR 32-PAGE INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT OUTSIDE THE COUNTRY
The costs are:
- For Teenager (From day-old to 17 years old) : SEVENTY SEVEN DOLLARS
- For Adult (From 18 years old to 59 years old) : ONE HUNDRED AND SIX DOLLARS
- For the Old (From 60 years old to any age upwards) : SEVENTY SEVEN DOLLARS
RENEWAL FOR 64-PAGE INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT OUTSIDE THE COUNTRY
The official cost regardless of the categories of applicants is ONE HUNDRED AND THIRTY SEVEN DOLLARS.
REQUIREMENTS FOR INTERVIEW
Before anyone can finally be handed their international passport, there are some documents that must be required by the Nigeria Immigration Service. These are:
- Local Government letter of identification.
- Birth certificate / age declaration.
- 2 recent color passport photographs
- Guarantor’s form sworn to before a commissioner of Oaths / Magistrate / High Court Judge
- Parents’ letter of consent for minors under 16 years
- Marriage certificate where applicable
- Police report incase of lost passport
- Submit application with supporting documents to passport office / Embassy / High commission
Disclaimer: The contents on this site are intended to enhance public access to educational information and other endeavors. While every effort is made in preparing good information, no responsibility is accepted by or on behalf of this site for any errors. Although every effort is made to ensure the reliability of this site.
Copyright: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us via This Means to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.