To apply for Nigeria Passport Online using online application process is straightforward and easy to understand.
If you’re outside of Nigeria, you can apply online or at your nearest consulate/embassy.
Spare yourself any unwelcome stress by applying and submitting your application documents well before your departure date.
Although, to apply for a Nigerian passport, the process is a bit complicated. You’ll have to answer several questions that are related to you and your family’s origin in Nigeria.
The questions can be tricky and sometimes people get the wrong answer, which means that they won’t be able to get approval. Here are some tips on how to apply for Nigeria passport online and get it done in thirty days or less!
How to Apply for Nigeria Passport Online.
To apply for Nigeria passport online using the website of the Nigerian Immigration Service: https://portal.immigration.gov.ng/passport/epassport follow the steps below:
- Visit the Nigerian Immigration Services portal and Select passport type
- Select a processing country
- Click on START APPLICATION. Choose from GOOGLE or YAHOO and create an account or if you have one, SIGN IN.
- Complete the application online and print out a copy of the completed application before you submit for payment.
- Complete the application for “ PRINT (2) copies “ click submit.
- On successful submission of your application, you will come to a page that will contain your reference ID which will also be emailed to you from the Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS)
- Close the screen to proceed to payment or to input further applications (UP to 6 applications) Select method of payment and follow relevant steps.
How to Pay for Nigeria passport online.
- After filing the form correctly, Click on “Proceed to Online Payment”
- Click to select Payment Currency “Pay in Naira” or “Pay in Dollars” option then Click on ‘Continue’ button
- Choose the currency you want to use for payment (Naira or US Dollars): If you selected option to pay in Naira, you will be prompted to select PayType (payment method): “Bank”, “Credit OR Debit card”,
If you intend to pay at a bank, selected “Bank” and click continue,
- View the list of participating banks and then click on ‘Continue’.
- The “Print Acknowledgment” button will help you print “Payment Acknowledgment Slip” with Transaction ID, Application ID & Reference Number.
- With the copy of your Payment acknowledgement slip, proceed to a participating bank for payment.
- On making payment at the bank, you MUST be issued with an ‘approved payment platform provider’ receipt that contains a “Validation Number”. You will need the “Validation Number” for confirmation of payment on the portal. (For use of your Validation Number, see the section on Validation Number below)
If you intend to pay through Credit/Debit card, select “Credit/Debit card” and click continue,
- You will be required to fill in your log-in credentials.
- After filling in, click “Login” button and you will be sent to the payment portal
- For proceeding with the payment click the “PAY” button.
- Payment portal display application details, click on “Continue” button.
- You will be prompted to “Value Card” payment page, provide information of your card & Click on “OK” button
- After payment, the “Validation Number” is generated. Store it and use it to confirm the payment.
- You can also print a receipt by clicking the “Print the Receipt” button.
How to Confirm Payment.
After payment, having obtained the “Validation Number”, proceed to the NIS portal for confirmation of payment:
- Go to the “Query your Application Payment Status” and enter your Passport Application ID and Reference No.
- If a “Validation Number” field appears, please enter the number from your ‘approved payment platform provider’ receipt. Remember: Validation Number has been generated after payment through Bank also.
- Click the “Search Record” button and you will be sent to the “Applicant’s Details” page where a date for your interview has been generated.
- You can now print a Receipt or an Acknowledgement Slip by using the buttons on this page. (You will need them for your interview).
- You will be presented with your NIS e-receipt or Acknowledgement Slip in a new window. Click on “Print” button to send a copy to the printer.
Required Documents For Submission After Online Application.
- Passport Payment Slip
- Passport Acknowledgement Slip
- Copy of online application form (signed and dated)
- One copy of Passport photograph
- Expired Nigerian Passport (If not presented will be considered lost)and photocopy of passport data page (which clearly shows photograph, full name and date of birth)
- Every applicant must appear in person at the Consulate for finger and thumb printing necessary to produce the E-passport.
How Much is Nigeria International Passport?
The Following table contained the Nigeria Passport Application Fees.
NIS PASSPORT FEE – APPLYING IN NIGERIA (NAIRA)
|Booklet Type||AGE 0 – 17||AGE 18 – 59||AGE 60+|
NIS PASSPORT FEE – ALL EMBASSIES, CONSULATES & HIGH COMMISSIONS (US DOLLAR)
|Booklet Type||AGE 0 – 17||AGE 18 – 59||AGE 60+|
Copyright: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us via This Means to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.