Linking NIN To Your SIM Card After or During Registration – All network operators in Nigeria have been directed to update their subscriber records so their National Identification Numbers (NINs) are captured.
Here are some useful tips on Linking NIN To Your SIM Card after or during registration records step by step.
What Does NIN Stand For ( Meaning Of NIN )
Your National Identification Number (NIN) is your national identity. It is a unique set of eleven digits number that can be used to identify you by the Federal government of Nigeria.
The number is issued to you by the National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) after you have successfully enrolled with them. Your national identification number is matched with your biometric data and other information about you in the NIMC database during your enrolment.
You can use your NIN while processing every kind of transaction that involves you submitting an identity verification in Nigeria. Transactions such as:
- Processing your National ID registration. Processing and obtaining your travel documents such as your international passport.
- When you want to open a personal bank account.
- When you want to get a drivers licence.
- When you are getting your permanent voter’s card.
- When applying for the National Health Insurance Scheme.
- Tax payment. Accessing services from the Nigerian government.
- And many other related transactions that have been listed in the Federal Government Gazette by the NIMC.
Linking NIN To Your SIM Card (Step By Step)
How to Retrieve your NIN Number?
You can dial *346# on your phone to retrieve your NIN.
Alternatively, you can visit any NIMC office close to you.
Your NIN is stored electronically within the chip on your National e-ID card and can only be accessed using an authorised card reader. The number printed on your card is NOT your NIN, it is the Primary Account Number (PAN) used for accessing your card’s payment feature once activated.
How to Link your NIN to your Airtel Mobile Number
1. Dial *121*1#
3. You can also visit an Airtel service centre close to you.
How to Link your NIN to your MTN Mobile Number
2. You can dial *785#
3. Visit https://mtnonline.com/nin/
4. You can also visit an MTN service centre close to you.
How to Link your NIN to your Glo Mobile Number
1. SMS “UPDATENIN NIN FirstName LastName” to 109
2. Read more at https://www.schooldrillers.com/link-nin-with-your-glo-sim-card/
3. You can also visit a Glo service centre close to you.
How to Link your NIN to your 9mobile Number
2. You can dial *200*8#
3. You can visit a 9mobile service center close to you.
New SIM Registration Rules In Nigeria:
Following the earlier directive on the suspension of new SIM registration by network operators, The following decisions ere to be taking for immediate implementation by all Network Operators:
1. Affirmation of the earlier directive to totally suspend registration of NEW SIMs by all operators.
2. Operators to require ALL their subscribers to provide valid National Identification Number (NIN) to update SIM registration records.
3. The submission of NIN by subscribers to take place within two weeks (from today December 16, 2020 and end by 30 December, 2020).
4. After the deadline, ALL SIMs without NINs are to be blocked from the networks.
5. A Ministerial Task Force comprising the Minister and all the CEOs (among others) as members is to monitor compliance by all networks.
6. Violations of this directive will be met by stiff sanctions, including the possibility of withdrawal of operating license.
The general public is hereby urged to ensure that their NINs are captured in their SIM registration data.
All inconveniences which might be occasioned by this directive are deeply regretted.
Copyright: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us via This Means to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.