The Flinders International Research Scholarship (FIPRS) is a scholarship specifically intended to support international students that covers international tuition fees and also provides a stipend.
A very limited number of FIPRS for international students are available each year (5 scholarships in 2022) and due to the limited number of scholarships, each round is highly competitive. The FIPRS is awarded to candidates who demonstrate outstanding aptitude for independent research, academic merit, academic research training and research indicators and performance.
The scholarship is tenable for up to three years for a Research Doctorate degree and up to two years for a Research Masters degree. Successful applicants are required to undertake full time study and must be commencing a higher degree by research in Australia for the first time.
How to Apply for Flinders International Research Scholarship 2023
- The FIPRS pays the international student tuition fees charged by Flinders University for a research higher degree.
- In addition, a stipend provides the recipient with a generous living allowance paid at the rate of $33,000 per annum (2023 rate). It is tax exempt and indexed annually.
- An FIPRS student who moves to Adelaide from overseas is eligible for an establishment allowance (after arrival at Flinders) of up to $1,485 to assist with relocation costs and airfares, provided receipts can be produced by the student.
Awards will only be available to those who:
- Be a citizen of any overseas country except New Zealand, and not hold Australian citizenship, Australian permanent resident status or New Zealand citizenship; and
- Intend to commence full-time study for a higher degree by research in Australia for the first time, in the year for which the award is to offered. Students who commenced their higher degree by research in the previous year but who, due to the timing of their application for admission and subsequent enrolment, were unable to apply for a FIPRS in that year, or, commenced a higher degree by research and terminated that enrolment within six months of commencement, may be considered; and
- Intend to enrol in an area of research concentration. These are areas in which the University has particular strength, has concentrated its research resources and has attracted external funding; and
- Satisfy all entry requirements for a higher degree by research, including the English proficiency levels in accordance with the English Language Proficiency Requirements for HDR Candidature
- Selection of award holders will be undertaken by the Scholarships Committee based on academic merit and research potential.
- Applications will be ranked according to the University’s Guidelines for Ranking Postgraduate Research Scholarship Applications
- The University will give priority to students undertaking a higher degree by research for the first time.
Copyright Alert: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. In the case of re-publication in online platforms, proper acknowledgment include, but not limited to LINK BACK TO THE ARTICLE And proper REFERENCING in research usage. All contents are protected by Digital Millennium Copyright Act 1996 (DMCA).
If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us via This Means to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.