Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company (IBEDC) is the largest electricity distribution company in Nigeria.
IBEDC have a strong technical partner MERALCO, the largest power distribution company in the Philippines helping to ensure they meet their target objectives
If you have ever been worried about how to Get IBEDC Prepaid Meter, this is the guidelines. Follow the simple and easiest way below to apply for IBEDC prepaid meter and get it installed in your residential or industrial building.
Easiest Way To Get IBEDC Prepaid Meter:
There are two easy ways to Get IBEDC Prepaid Meter. They includes:
- CAPMI Method (Credited Advance Payment for Metering Implementation).
- MAP Method (Meter Asset Provider).
About CAPMI Method:
The IBEDC uses the CAPMI scheme, a special metering acquisition system designed by the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC) to deliver prepaid meter to those who apply for it within 45 days.
CAPMI is any acronym for Credited Advance Payment for Metering Implementation. It is a system designed by NERC to ensure customers get their prepaid meters delivered and installed within a period of 45 days.
The system ensures the cost of the meter is refunded in the form of credit units over a period that is not more than 36 months.
About MAP Method:
MAP is an acronym for Meter Asset Provider. These are companies licensed by the Nigeria Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC) to procure and install prepaid meters for customers of electricity distribution companies according to the 2018 MAP regulation.
The MAP framework ensures that customers can get their prepaid meters after 10 workings of receipt of payment.
How To Apply For IBEDC Prepaid Meter:
1. Using CAPMI Application
- Visit the nearest IBEDC Business Hub and collect a free form named IBEDC 74. You can find the closest IBEDC Business Hub to you here.
- Ensure you fill the meter form appropriately and submit (Note: A valid means of identification such as National ID Card, Voter’s card, International Passport, or Driver’s Licence would be required from you).
- Depending on your choice of prepaid meter, pay at any of the designated banks after getting the account details from the IBEDC Business Hub you visited.
- After making payment, make a photocopy of the bank teller and attach the photocopy to the IBEDC 74 form and return it to the Business Hub for registration.
- Your building would be metered within 45 days as long as these procedures have been successfully carried out
2. Using MAP Application
Say Goodbye to Estimated Billing ; GET METERED WITH MAP Across all Franchise: Oyo, Ogun, Osun, Kwara, parts of Niger, Ekiti and Kogi States
Follow the description link below or any of visit any of the above Business hubs nearest to you to register for your prepaid meter.
Easiest Way To Register for IBEDC Prepaid Meter
- Visit the MSMS portal of the official IBEDC website to download and fill the prepaid meter form. Click Here
- Submit the prepaid meter application form at the nearest IBEDC business unit.
- Make payment to any of the authorized banks.
- After your payment has been confirmed, the prepaid meter will be installed at your residence within 10 working days.
Types Of IBEDC Prepaid Meter:
1. Single phase PPM Split Unit Type 5/60A 240V
2. 3-phase PPM Split Unit Type 3 x 5/60A 415V
3. 3-Phase Whole Current Electronic Credit Meter 415V
4. 3-Phase CT-Operated Electronic Credit Meter
5. 11KV 3-Phase CT/VT Electronic Meter
Price: #801, 108
6. 33KV 3-Phase CT/VT Electronic Meter
IBEDC Customer Care Contact
For more inquires on getting IBEDC prepaid meters, you can visit any of the IBEDC business hubs or send an email to email@example.com or call 07001239999
IBEDC HEADQUARTERS ADDRESS:
Capital Building, 115 MKO Abiola Way (former Ring Road), Ibadan, Oyo State.
- Tel: +234 7001239999, +234 9039000065, +234 9053698850, +234 9053698851
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook: ibedc.ng
- Twitter: @ibedc_ng
Advantage Of Using IBEDC Prepaid Meter.
The advantages of using an electric prepaid meter far outweigh the disadvantages, if there are any. The significance of using a prepaid meter is that it gives you total control on the amount of electric power consumed.
No estimated billings. You simply pay for the worth of electric units you want to use.
You can always decide to switch off high-power consuming appliances when not in use or even purchase the number of electric units you think will be enough for you at a certain period.
Some people buy as many units as possible that can even last up to six months!
The good thing about this is that no one can bring bills for electricity to your doorstep or disconnect your electric cables from the power source.
The Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company (IBEDC) has been the major company supplying electricity to Oyo State, Ogun State, Osun State, and Kwara State since its establishment in 2013.
Copyright Alert: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. In the case of re-publication in online platforms, proper acknowledgment include, but not limited to LINK BACK TO THE ARTICLE And proper REFERENCING in research usage. All contents are protected by Digital Millennium Copyright Act 1996 (DMCA).
If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us via This Means to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.