Glasgow Caledonian University Postgraduate Scholarship:- Glasgow Caledonian University in the UK is inviting applications for the Asylum Seeker Scholarship in the 2020/2021 academic year.
Glasgow Caledonian is the University for the Common Good. Their mission is to make a positive difference to the communities they serve and this is at the heart of all they do, especially in their social innovation teaching and research. GCU is a modern, supportive and cosmopolitan university located in the center of one of Europe’s most vibrant cities, where they welcome students from all countries and all backgrounds.
Glasgow Caledonian University Postgraduate Scholarship
Worth of Award
- full fee scholarship covering your full time Postgraduate tuition fee for Glasgow Campus only
- Scholarship payment of £1,250 to assist with study/ living costs every year of your studies*
Glasgow Caledonian is the University for the Common Good whose mission is to make a positive difference to the communities they serve and this is at the heart of all they do, especially in social innovation teaching and research.
Deadline: Application closes June 15, 2020.
Applications will be considered from potential students who:
- hold a conditional or unconditional offer for study at the Glasgow Caledonian University commencing September 2020-2021; and
- have submitted, or are the dependant of someone who has submitted, an application to the Home Office for recognition as a Refugee under the 1951 UN Convention on the Status of Refugees (hereafter “The Convention”) and not yet received a decision from the Home Office on that application; or
- have been offered leave to remain in the UK on the grounds of Article 8 of the European Convention on Human Rights provided that the student has not become eligible for Student Support from the relevant student funding body in Scotland, England, Wales or Northern Ireland.
Applicants must live within the Glasgow area at the point of application as housing costs are not covered by the scholarship. Applications will only be accepted from prospective students outwith the Glasgow area if they submit written evidence of appropriate accommodation arrangements at the point of application.
How to Apply
You MUST attach:
- Correspondence from the Home Office confirming your application status.
- Those making an asylum claim will be issued an Asylum Registration Card (ARC) which you must attach
You MAY attach:
- References in support of your application
- Financial documents supporting your Economic Need section
Submit application form and supporting evidence to
Andrea Butler – Scholarship Advisor
Glasgow Caledonian University, 200 Cowcaddens Road, Glasgow, G4 0BA
Copyright Alert: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. In the case of re-publication in online platforms, proper acknowledgment include, but not limited to LINK BACK TO THE ARTICLE And proper REFERENCING in research usage. All contents are protected by Digital Millennium Copyright Act 1996 (DMCA).
If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us via This Means to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.