International 212 Photography Competition is a fully independent body, run by 212 Photography İstanbul and showcasing the best up-and-coming talents of the year from the country, region and around the world.
However, the photography competition is only half of the story. While highlighting the photographer’s art through this event, they also produce an international biannual arts and culture magazine, 212 Magazine. With these two entities hand in hand, funded by 212 Studio, the premier boutique photography and production agency in Istanbul, they aim to be as challenging as they are influential – to provide an inclusive space for ideas and perspectives to mix without prejudice and better interrogate social, artistic and cultural phenomena from the region and around the world.
By choosing to enter the 212 Photography Competition, you gain the benefit of the prestige and international exposure that comes from entering a competition of this scope. The aim is to transform the competition into a cultural and artistic tradition that comes out of Istanbul.
- Open to any photographer or artist using the photographic medium on a regular basis.
- No age or nationality restrictions apply.
- The competition does not distinguish according to genre; portraits, landscapes, still life, fashion, etc. are all admissible.
- In pursuit of the newcomers of the year, only photographers/artists who have not had a major exhibition in a gallery or cultural institution of international importance may take part.
- Please note that collective submissions – made by two or more artists – are acceptable provided the authors work on a regular basis together and have built a body of work together.
The competition consists of 2 rounds of evaluation:
- First round: Entries must be submitted by email at the latest on September 20, 2020 23:59 +3 GMT. Following this first round, the festival committee will make an initial selection of 10 participants to deliver to the jury. On September 24, 2020 at the latest all entrants will be informed whether they have been selected for the second round, or not.
- Second round: 10 selected participants will be evaluated by the jury. All participants of the second round will be informed of the results on October 10, 2020 during the festival.
- 1st Prize winner will receive:
- €5,000 paid by direct electronic bank transfer and
- Certificate, letter of thanks from the 212 Committee, a professional portfolio review of your work, exposure on 212 Magazine.
- Shortlist Prize:
- Certificate and letter of thanks from the 212 Committee to the 10 shortlisted participants.
How to Enter International 212 Photography Competition
- Select a minimum of 5, a maximum of 10 recent images from your work. Images should ideally be selected from 2 or 3 distinctive series. Compress the file and submit (zip file). You will receive an e-mail to the address you have provided in the form once your submission is received successfully.
- Files must adhere to the following conditions: digital files in PNG, JPG or PNG format at 72 dpi, RGB, 1080 pixels high if in portrait format, 1920 pixels wide if in landscape format.
- Each file must be named according to the following manner: surname_first name_seriestitle_01.jpg (e.g.: smith_john_thesis_01.jpg for the first file, smith_john_interiors_20.jpg for the twentieth etc.)
For more information: Click Here
Copyright Alert: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. In the case of re-publication in online platforms, proper acknowledgment include, but not limited to LINK BACK TO THE ARTICLE And proper REFERENCING in research usage. All contents are protected by Digital Millennium Copyright Act 1996 (DMCA).
If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us via This Means to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.