Japan WCO Human Resource Development Scholarship 2020 application portal.
The Aoyama Gakuin University (AGU) in Tokyo, Japan is inviting applications for the WCO Human Resource Development Scholarship for Developing Countries 2020.
The Japan WCO Human Resource Development Programme (Scholarship Programme) provides a grant covering travel, subsistence, admission, tuition, and other approved expenses to enable promising young Customs managers from a developing country member of the WCO to undertake Master’s level studies at the Aoyama Gakuin University (AGU) in Tokyo, Japan.
The Graduate School of Business at AGU welcomes potential students who have a strong interest in conducting rigorous empirical and/or theoretical research integrated with their own practical work experiences.
All selected scholars shall abide by the laws of Japan, as well as by AGU regulations, and refrain from engaging in unlawful activities.
If the scholar fails to do so, his/her scholarship may be terminated at our discretion and the scholars may not be provided with a return air ticket
Eligibility for Japan WCO Human Resource Development Scholarship
- A candidate must be a customs officer of a developing member of the WCO with quality work experience of at least three years in the field of customs policy and administration in his/her home country.
- Individuals who have already been awarded a scholarship under the Japan-WCO Human Resource Development Programme in the past will not be entitled to apply for this Scholarship Programme.
- After the completion of the Programme, the candidates should continue to work in their home Customs administration for 3 years at least.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have experience in IPR border enforcement, and who are expected to work in the IPR-related section of their Customs administration after this Scholarship Programme.
- A candidate must be in good health and preferably under 40 years of age as of April 1, 2021.
Worth of Award
The scholarship covers;
- A monthly stipend covers accommodations, meals, transportations, and other expenses. It cannot be increased to cover family members if any.
- The amount of stipend is subject to change according to the decision of the Japanese Government.
- The current amount of monthly stipend is 147,000 yen (as of 2020).
- The current amount of admission fee is 290,000 yen and annual tuition fee is 917,000 yen (as of 2020).
- Admission and tuition fees.
- Round-trip economy-class air tickets between your home country and Japan.
How to Apply for Japan WCO Human Resource Scholarship
Apply online via their website, click the link below
Application closes August 14, 2020