KAIST Scholarship Offer for International Students – Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology – the country’s national research university is offering full scholarships international Masters and PhD students willing to study in South Korea.
The KAIST scholarship is offered to 94% of all admitted students into the university, thereby giving applicants a high chance of securing funding.
KAIST Scholarship offers international students from all over the world the unique opportunity to study in South Korea. The beautiful cities, welcoming people, multicultural and historical heritages are all there for your exploration once your application is successful.
How to Apply for International Students KAIST Scholarship 2023
- Tuition Grant: 4 semesters for Master’s degree candidates, 10 for Master’s-Ph.D. integrated degree candidates, 8 semesters for Ph.D. degree candidates
- Monthly Stipend Guarantee: KRW 350,000 for Master’s programs and KRW 400,000 for Ph.D. programs
- Monthly National Health Insurance Premium: actual cost
The eligibility requirements of KAIST Scholarship include the following;
- Candidates must be international student who do NOT hold Korean citizenship.
- Candidates must have Bachelor’s degree or equivalent standard by the start of the course for the Master’s or Master’s-Ph.D. degree program application
- Candidates must have Master’s degree or equivalent standard by the start of your course for the Ph.D. degree program application
- Equivalent Standards of the Korean Bachelor’s Degree
- a.University degree requiring four years of study
- b.Three-year Bologna compliant Bachelor’s degree
- c.The first cycle qualification in the framework of qualifications for the European Higher Education Area (EHEA)
- d.Bachelor’s degree with honors in British pattern education
- e.Cases other than the above frameworks must ADDITIONALLY provide a report on Academic Credential Assessment for Admission from KARIC
- (Korea Academic Recognition Information Center)
- All the applicants must provide at least one of the following English proficiency test (EPT) scores: The scores must be valid as of the online application deadline;
- TOEFL iBT
* Test scores from Institutional Testing Program (ITP) are NOT accepted
* Programs that do not require EPT score: GDI-ITTP track, KINS-KAIST, RCA-KAIST
- You are able to request a waiver of the requirement to prove an EPT score if you meet one of the following conditions:
- You do not need to provide an EPT score if you hold citizenship of the following countries OR have completed an academic qualification equivalent to the Bachelor’s degree or higher from the following countries:
- Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, the Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Canada, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Ireland, Jamaica, Malta, New Zealand, St Kitts, St Lucia, St Vincent, Trinidad and Tobago, U.K., U.S.A.
- You do not need to provide an EPT score if you hold citizenship of the following countries AND have completed an academic qualification equivalent to the Bachelor’s degree or higher in English as the medium of instruction from the following countries:
- A certificate from the undergraduate or graduate school attended indicating English as the medium of instruction must ADDITIONALLY be provided. e.g., English Lecture Certificate
- Botswana, Cameroon, Eswatini, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gambia, Ghana, India, Jamaica, Kenya, Kiribati, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Marshall Islands, Mauritius, Federated States of Micronesia, Namibia, Nauru, Nigeria, Pakistan, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Rwanda, Samoa, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Solomon Islands, Republic of South Africa, Sudan, Republic of South Sudan, Tanzania, Tonga, Tuvalu, Uganda, Vanuatu, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
Documents Required for Application
- Academic transcripts
- English Language Proficiency
- Recommendation Letters
Copyright Alert: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. In the case of re-publication in online platforms, proper acknowledgment include, but not limited to LINK BACK TO THE ARTICLE And proper REFERENCING in research usage. All contents are protected by Digital Millennium Copyright Act 1996 (DMCA).
If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us via This Means to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.