Lagos Business School Leadership Programme is Nonprofit Leadership and Management Certificate Programme is a detailed introduction to Nonprofit Management that takes on a highly practical, experiential and interactive approach.
Participants will learn through a series of online and pre-recorded faculty-facilitated lectures, guest lectures, case study discussions, and videos.
This is to ensure they learn to advance powerful innovative ideas into high-impact realities, and effectively apply management skills to the nonprofit sector.
About Lagos Business School Leadership Programme
The Certificate Programme is targeted at young and emerging nonprofit leaders within the ages(18 – 35) in Nigeria and has been designed to cultivate three pillars of competencies required to develop and grow a nonprofit organisation – leadership effectiveness, business fundamentals, and social innovation.
The Programme particularly focuses on management and funding structures unique to the nonprofit sector.
Participants will have an immersive experience in strategic planning for nonprofits, exploring current issues in nonprofit policy and legal issues; organisational development; human resources and volunteer management; financial management, and marketing.
This programme is supported by the Ford Foundation. Participants must be between 18 – 35 years old
Key Learning Outcomes / Takeaways
Through the Certificate in Nonprofit Management for Senior Executive participants will
● Gain a deeper understanding of nonprofit leadership skills, including how to define strong mission statements, manage operational and financial controls, improve organizational capacity, strengthen their fundraising and revenue generation efforts, marketing, volunteer management, governance and sustainability.
● Understand the fundamentals of accounting and sustainable finance for nonprofit organizations, including such concepts as budgeting, reporting, strategic planning, program analysis, fund accounting, etc.
● Explore numerous fundraising options and how to access them through grant writing, prospect research, communications, capital campaigns, etc. Your exposure to nonprofit management theories and practices would also involve case study discussions, videos, internships and field visits
Lagos Business School Leadership Programme Module
Programme Modules will include:
● Nonprofit values, mission and vision
● Financial Management and Budgeting for Nonprofits
● Marketing and Communication for Nonprofits.
● Responsible Leadership – Ethics, Enterprise and Impact
● Nonprofit Talent Development and Volunteer Management
● Organisational Performance – Managing People & Teams for Innovation
● Partnerships, Collaboration and Stakeholder Engagement in the Nonprofit Sector.
● Sustaining a Nonprofit: Succession Planning and Lifecycle Transitions
- This programme is open to young experienced executives (Ages 18 – 35) who work in the Nonprofit Sector and/or run a Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs).
How To Apply For Lagos Business School Leadership Programme
Duration 8 weeks online
N95,000 (Scholarship Available)
Lead Faculty Prof Chris Ogbechie – Strategic Management
Dr Ijeoma Nwagwu – Strategy and Sustainability
Dr Franklin Ngwu – Strategy, Corporate Governance and Risk Management
We Believe This Article Was Helpful, Don’t Hesitate To Share This Information With Your Friends On Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp.
Disclaimer: The contents on this site is provided as an information guide only. They are intended to enhance public access to information about Education and other Endeavors. While every effort is made in preparing good information, no responsibility is accepted by or on behalf of this site for any errors, omissions or misleading statements. Although every effort is made to ensure the reliability of this site.
Copyright: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions & information purposes. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us via This Means to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.