LEAP Africa Social Innovators- LEAP Africa in partnership with Union Bank invites applications for the 2020/2021 cohort of the Social Innovators Programme (SIP), a one-year accelerator fellowship for young West African changemakers between 18-35 years.
About LEAP Africa
Over the years, through the SIP, LEAP Africa have collaborated with its corporate partners, renowned faculty of experts and mentors to strengthen and advance youth-led social entrepreneurship in Nigeria with the aim of enhancing the scale of their impact and sustainability of their ventures.
The SIP takes a holistic approach in raising and enabling Africa-wide talent for the actualization of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) by supporting youth with innovative approaches to social problems to build capacity, develop long-term connections and establish credible enterprises. After 7 years of successful implementation in Nigeria, the fellowship is opening up to social innovators from Anglo West African countries in this upcoming cohort.
Application closes September 6th, 2020.
LEAP Africa Social Innovators Eligibility
- Young persons between the ages of 18-35 years, whose ideas and initiatives offer effective solutions to challenges in local communities across Nigeria,The Gambia, Sierra Leone, Liberia, Ghana, English-speaking parts of Cameroon and Ivory Coast.
- Initiators/co-founders of a social-focused venture/enterprise located in Nigeria and the other focus regions. Women founders are strongly encouraged to apply
- Solution/ innovation by the enterprise must be adopting a market-based approach towards addressing a Sustainable Development Goal (SDG)
- Applicants must have been involved in operating their venture/enterprise between 14 months and three (3) years, prior to the commencement of the fellowship
- Creativity/ Innovation: Level of creativity/innovation applied and their entrepreneurial approach towards social change.
- Leadership: Experience mobilizing people and resources to achieve set goals, and consistent drive for excellence.
- Sense of Purpose: Demonstrate strong desire for social change within the community, to improve livelihoods and to scale the impact of their social business.
- Right Attitude: Openness to learning and willingness to implement appropriate systems and structures for enterprise sustainability
How to Apply For LEAP Africa Social Innovators
All applicants must fill the application form and
submit via the link provided below on or before 12pm
Copyright Alert: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. In the case of re-publication in online platforms, proper acknowledgment include, but not limited to LINK BACK TO THE ARTICLE And proper REFERENCING in research usage. All contents are protected by Digital Millennium Copyright Act 1996 (DMCA).
If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us via This Means to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.