MasterCard Foundations Scholarship 2020- University of California invites all interested applicant around the globe who wish to study undergraduate and masters program in the institution.
At UC Berkeley, the Program has provided support to over 120 students from 2012 to 2020, both undergraduate and professional Master’s students. Students seeking doctoral degrees are not eligible for this Program.
To be considered for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program, both undergraduate and graduate degree seekers must first be admitted to the university through the regular admissions process.
- Architecture (M.Arch) – For Fall 2018 admissions, only the two year, not three year program, is eligible for the MCF Scholarship
- Art (MFA)
- Business Administration (MBA)*
- City & Regional Planning (MCP)
- Development Practice (MDP)
- Education (DMS, EMST, or MUSE)
- Energy & Resources (ERG)
- Engineering (M.Eng, MS)
- Folklore (MA)
- Journalism (MJ)
- Information Management & Systems (MIMS)
- Public Health (MPH), various concentrations
- Public Policy (MPP)
- Social Welfare (MSW)
MasterCard Foundations Scholarship Requirements
The five main eligibility criteria are:
- Being a citizen of a Sub-Saharan African country – If you have refugee status, are stateless, or have other questions regarding your citizenship, you may still be eligible. Please contact us directly to clarify. This scholarship is not intended for citizens of North African countries.
- Excelling academically – All prospective Scholars must first be admitted to UC Berkeley to be considered for the Scholarship. An important criteria for admission to the University is demonstrated academic excellence.
- Coming from an economically disadvantaged background – We aim to admit those from the bottom two income quintiles per country. This Scholarship is designed for those extremely talented individuals who have no other means of acquiring the further education required to help realize their dreams and ambitions.
- Having demonstrated the will to give back to your community, country, or continent – We are looking for well-rounded students who are engaged in activities beyond the classroom. Some may be directly related to your field of study, but this may also include other issues (social, economic, political) that you are working on and passionate about. Applicants should elaborate on their achievements both in their application to UC Berkeley, and then later on the Scholarship application.
- Having expressed the desire and intention to return to your home country after completing your studies – We are looking for students who are engaged with and passionate about issues affecting their communities, and who will take advantage of their education at UC Berkeley to better equip themselves with the knowledge and training to address these issues upon return. While important work can be done from abroad, the intention of this Program is to enable Scholars to return home, after forming valuable professional connections through internship and job placements.
*MBA students need to secure additional funding from Haas Business School through obtaining Haas scholarships, which requires meeting the Round One or Two application deadline. We encourage you to contact us if you are interested to learn more details about this unique process.
Application Deadline: 14th January 2021
How To Apply For MasterCard Foundations Scholarship
Both undergraduate and graduate degree seekers must first be admitted to the university through the regular admissions process before they will be considered for the MasterCard Foundations Program Scholarship. The Office of Undergraduate Admissions and the Graduate Division provide detailed information on the admissions process for international students. Questions regarding admission requirements should be directed toward the appropriate Admissions Office.
For More Information: