Now that gaming has become one of the widest attractions, it is time we discussed the top most profitable video game industry or industries in the world. Yes! You heard that right! It cannot be denied that both young and old now flood the several game centers that are positioned across the corners of universe for the sole purposes of entertainment and of course profit in terms of business.
There are though several information which gives credence to the fact that the game industry has grown vastly to become not only one of the most visited industry for entertainment but also that it has become highly profitable. Some of these points are:
- The latest video game industry statistics show that almost 50% of developers believe that the entire industry should unionize.
- The video gaming market is dominated by Valve’s Steam platform and over 47% of game publishers sell their products on its storefront.
- According to the most recent video games sales statistics from ESA, almost 50% of gamers have made a microtransaction in the past year.
- YouTube videos are the most influential factor on game purchase decisions followed by user reviews from communities or digital storefronts.
- Video game industry analysis from 2019 showed that over 57% of all game developers reside in the US.
- Some 67% of video game executives believe that the number of mergers and acquisitions within the industry will increase.
- 23% of executives say that the use of blockchain technology will make the video game market more secure.
- More than 85% of total gaming industry revenue comes from free-to-play games.
- According to new gaming industry statistics from Copia Institute, Twitch is responsible for 31% of revenue from all gaming video content.
- Steam statistics show that the platform now has well over 30,000 games in its library, dominating the video gaming market share.
The industry is the tertiary and quaternary sectors of the entertainment industry that specialize in the development, marketing, distribution, monetization and consumer feedback of video games. The video game industry has grown from niche to mainstream.
As of July 2018, video games generated US$134.9 billion annually in global sales. In the US, the industry earned about $9.5 billion in 2007, $11.7 billion in 2008, and US$25.1 billion in 2010
The industry encompasses dozens of job disciplines and thousands of jobs worldwide, and as so, it has successfully become a platform for some top most profitable video game industry:
Sony is the top most profitable game industry in the world today and as of now. The video game industry in 2022 makes a total profit of $28.2 billion. That is a big portion of its gaming revenue!
Gaming Revenue: $28.2 billion
Founded in: 1946
Based in: Tokyo, Tokyo Prefecture, Japan
Main industry: Electronics
Most profitable game sold in 2022: God of War: Ragnarök
Copyright Alert: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. In the case of re-publication in online platforms, proper acknowledgment include, but not limited to LINK BACK TO THE ARTICLE And proper REFERENCING in research usage. All contents are protected by Digital Millennium Copyright Act 1996 (DMCA).
If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us via This Means to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.