OECD Internship Programme is designed to bring highly qualified and motivated students with diverse backgrounds into the Organisation to work on projects linked to the Strategic Orientations of the Secretary-General and to support the corporate functions of the Organisation.
Its main goal is to give successful candidates the opportunity to improve their analytical and technical skills in an international environment.
The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) is an international organisation comprised of 37 member countries, that works to build better policies for better lives.
Successful candidates will carry out research and provide support to Policy Analysts in one of the following areas. Please note that the list is non-exhaustive.
- Agriculture and Fisheries
- Artificial Intelligence
- Bribery and corruption
- Corporate Governance
- Education and Skills
- Gender and Diversity
- Industry, Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Insurance and Pensions
- International Migration
- Nuclear Energy
- Public Governance
- Regional Development
- Regulatory Reform
- Science and Technology
- Trade and Agriculture
For internships in the Corporate functions, successful candidates will be involved in one of the following areas:
- Communications, Media & Public Relations
- Event Management
- Finance, Budget and Accounting
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Legal services
- Office Administration
OECD Internship Programme Responsibilities
Research, data analysis and drafting
- Participate in the preparation of studies and documents.
- Carry out research and review of existing material.
- Collect, organise and evaluate data.
- Contribute to the production of documents, working papers and publications resulting from the above activities, including drafting notes and preparing technical annexes
Liaison and outreach
- Participate in meetings and seminars.
- Establish and maintain professional contacts and build networks with officials in national administrations, researchers, other international organisations and member country Delegations.
- Undertake other tasks as required.
Interns in support of the Corporate Functions will be involved in:
- Event organisation, communication, planning and evaluation
- Ensure relevant social media presence and online activity on different channels
- Prepare background briefings, presentations and meeting documentation
- Establish and maintain relationships with key contacts
- Advise on legal frameworks, human resource management, finance and budgeting, IT
- Support with office administration, archive and filing, drafting minutes, organise meetings, missions, etc.
- Undertake other tasks as required.
- Full time student in a discipline related to the work of the OECD.
- International experience through studies, internships or professional activities would be an asset.
- Solid quantitative and computer skills. Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- An excellent command of one of the two official languages of the OECD (English and French) and working knowledge of, or willingness to learn the other. Knowledge of other languages would be an asset.
- Strong analytical skills demonstrated by academic success and professional achievements.
- Strong interest in the work of OECD in promoting international co-operation.
- Ability to plan and conduct research independently.
- Good organisational skills, ability to work effectively on the basis of general instructions, with the capacity to prioritise tasks, often according to tight deadlines.
- Proven ability to work in a multicultural and team oriented environment and to adapt to changing working methods and technologies.
- Very good drafting and communication skills.
Are interns paid?
Interns at the OECD do not receive a salary. However, the OECD grants a contribution to living expenses of around 700 euros per calendar month worked.
Are interns insured?
The OECD does not insure interns. Interns will have to provide proof of medical insurance before they take up duty.
Can the OECD help me obtain my Visa? Yes. If selected for an internship, OECD staff will assist you to obtain a Visa. 17. Does the OECD provide accommodation for non-local interns? The OECD does not provide accommodation to interns. However, we do provide information on how to find housing in Paris.
Does the OECD provide travel costs to and from Paris for interns? No, the OECD does not provide or reimburse travel costs. 19.What are the usual working hours for interns at the OECD? The internship requires you to be in the office 40h per week / 8 hours a day and the working week is Monday to Friday.
How To Apply For OECD Internship Programme
The duration of the internship is for a period between one and six months (renewable for another six months up to a total of twelve months), on a full-time basis. Please indicate your availability clearly in your application form.
For more information on the OECD Internship Programme please visit the Frequently Asked Questions webpage.
Due to the high volume of applications expected, the OECD Internship Office is not in a position to provide individual feedback. Therefore,only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by Directorates for an interview.
If you are not contacted by Directorate hiring teams within three months following your application’s submission, you can assume your application has not been retained on this occasion and you can apply again according to the calendar on our website. Please remember you will still need to be enrolled as a student during the internship period.
February 28th 2021
Copyright Alert: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. In the case of re-publication in online platforms, proper acknowledgment include, but not limited to LINK BACK TO THE ARTICLE And proper REFERENCING in research usage. All contents are protected by Digital Millennium Copyright Act 1996 (DMCA).
If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us via This Means to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.