Online CAC Business Registration through official platform of the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) is more easier in Nigeria today.
An individual can now do free online CAC business registration with little or no help from anyone, except for Section E in the Registration Form CAC 1.1, which requires the signature of a Legal Practitioner and attestation by a Notary Public or Commissioner for Oaths.
Businesses can be registered online via the Online CAC Business Registration Portal. Through this site, investors or their agents can conduct name searches, complete the required forms for CAC online registration, submit all relevant incorporation documents, and also pay associated fees.
The first step to your free online CAC business registration is to check whether the proposed name to be chosen or reserved has been registered by another individual. How to check if a company is registered in Nigeria can be done through the CAC’s public search website before making any reservation.
However, investors may also visit the CAC office or the One-Stop Investment Centre (OSIC) of the Nigerian Investment Promotion Commission (NIPC) to complete or submit paper applications.
Steps for Free Online CAC Business Registration
Online CAC Business Registration through its online platform involves several steps that must be adhered to strictly in getting the desired results.
The steps for online CAC Business Registration in Nigeria include:
Step 1: Do Name Reservation Online
The first major step during incorporation of a company online with CAC is by filing for a name reservation online.
This step is necessary as it helps to reserve the proposed company name for 60days until it is open for use by another person.
The steps to follow in this section include: create a sign up with the CAC for first-time users or to log in for existing users; then click on Name Reservation then New Name Reservation; fill the necessary column and pay the necessary fee.
Then wait for 24hrs for a response from the CAC officials. If successful, ensure to print out the “Approval note”
Step 2: Do Pre-Registration
This step is important because the success of this determines the Online CAC Business Registration.
The steps to follow in this section include;
- Filling all necessary columns in the Registration Form CAC 1.1 rightly and submit same online. Below is the information to fill:
- Particulars of the Company
- (Nature of Principal business the company will be engaged in, The Registered Office Address of the Company, Email address of the Company).
- Particulars of the 1st Directors (minimum of 2 persons above 18years ) :
- (Name, Date of Birth, Gender, Phone Number, Email Address, Forms of Identification-(National Identity card, Permanent Voters card, Driver’s Licence or International Passport), Percentage of shares to be held: if the director is also a shareholder).
- Particulars of Shareholders (minimum of 2 persons) :
- (Name, Date of Birth, Gender, Phone Number, Email Address, Forms of Identification-(National Identity card, Permanent Voters card, Driver’s Licence or International Passport), Percentage of shares to be held).
- Particulars of the Company Secretary (He/she could be an individual or a corporate body)
- (Name, Date of Birth, Gender, Phone Number, Email Address, Forms of Identification-(National Identity card, Permanent Voters card, Driver’s Licence or International Passport ).
- Statutory Declaration of compliance with the requirements of CAMA by a Legal Practitioner. (To be signed by a Legal Practitioner, and attested to by a Notary Public or Commissioner for Oaths)
- Particulars of alien participants, if any.
- (Name, Date of Birth, Gender, Phone Number, Email Address, Nationality, Forms of Identification-(National Identity card, Permanent Voters card, Driver’s Licence or International Passport).
- Particulars of the Articles and Memorandum of Association. It is important to note that there is a template for already drafted Article of Association from CAC portal, which can be adopted by any person registering a company. However, any new company that intends to include additional information pertaining to the company’s governance or pre-incorporation agreements among shareholders and directors through its article can seek service of professional such as a legal practitioner to draft different articles solely for the company.
- After the successful filling of the form, an applicant is to proceed to payment to effect payment for the necessary fee. The specific payment to be paid to for incorporation include:
- CAC Fee
- Stamp Duty to the Federal Inland Revenue Service Fees (FIRS).
- Subsequently, an applicant is expected to print the completed and electronically stamped Form CAC 1.1 and the Memorandum and Article of Association online, sign in the necessary columns, notarize the attestations page and then proceed to upload the scanned copy of the signed and dated documents.
- How To Check CAC Code & Company Registration Status With CAC.
- How To Know CAC Registered Business- Step By Step.
Step 3: Upload Required CAC Registration Documents
An applicant is expected to now login back to the CAC portal to upload all the required documents.
Below are the documents to be scanned and uploaded on the CAC portal:
- Form CAC 1.1. Application for Registration
- Memorandum and Articles of Association
- Proficiency certificate (where applicable)
- Recognized form of identification (passport bio-data page, drivers’ licence or National Identity Card) for Director(s)/Shareholder(s) and Secretary
- Foreign Certificate of Incorporation and Board resolution for subscription to Nigerian company (where applicable)
- Residence permit of resident foreigners (where applicable)
- Evidence of payment to CAC (the fees to be paid for incorporation is dependent on the volume of shares to be registered).
- Availability Printout, (It is the same as the Approval Note)
- Identification of Directors and Shareholders
- Payment Receipt of CAC
- Stamp Duty Certificate (This is to be printed, once the stamp duty fee is paid).
- Memorandum and Article of Association
- Certificate of Incorporation of the Company Secretary (required only where the Secretary is a corporate body).
All the above documents must be in Pdf format.
Step 4: CAC Online Registration Process
The online registration process is laid out below:
- Create an account on the CAC portal. This can only be created by one of the company directors/shareholders or an accredited agent (a Lawyer, Chartered Accountant or a Chartered Secretary) https://services.cac.gov.ng/
- Conduct name search and reserve a name.
- Complete registration form (CAC 1.1. Application for Registration) providing details of the directors, shareholders and nature of business.
- Pay CAC filing fees and stamp duty. The stamp will be electronically affixed once payment is made.
- Download completed online form and Memorandum and Articles of Association, then append signatures accordingly.
- Upload scanned documents for processing.
- Present original copies of uploaded documents and collect certificate of incorporation/registration from the preferred location. Once the certificate of incorporation is ready, a Tax Identification Number (TIN) will be generated by the Federal Inland Revenue Service and sent to registrant’s email.
Click here to see Summary of CAC fees and forms
The CAC will register the company and issue incorporation through online in less than 48 hours and the applicant can then visit the commission with all his or her original documents to pick up the certificate.
Finally, the procedure for how to register a company online has been simplified. The timeline to complete a company registration has now been significantly reduced to just about 3 days, provided all the required documents and information are ready.
We Believe This Article Was Helpful, Don’t Hesitate To Share This Information With Your Friends On Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp and Google plus.
Disclaimer: The contents on this site is provided as an information guide only. They are intended to enhance public access to information about Education and other Endeavors. While every effort is made in preparing good information, no responsibility is accepted by or on behalf of this site for any errors, omissions or misleading statements. Although every effort is made to ensure the reliability of this site.
Copyright: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions & information purposes. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us via This Means to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.