Polytechnics Offering Accountancy- This page contains the recent list of Nigerian Polytechnics offering accountancy as well as the official WAEC and JAMB subject combination (admission requirements) for Accountancy, including the duration of this Course, and much more.
This is to inform the general Public and all Candidates that the official list of Polytechnics Offering Accountancy is now available on here For candidates who wish to study Accounting in the Nigerian Polytechnics.
Accountancy is the practice of recording, classifying, and reporting on business transactions for a business. It provides feedback to management regarding the financial results and status of an organization.
The process of recording and summarising financial transactions is known as ‘bookkeeping’. When the data is produced in reports for the use of individuals or companies outside the organisation, the process is called ‘financial accounting’.
It refers to the process of measuring, summarising, and communicating the financial information produced by bookkeeping to classify and explain account information to relevant parties such as shareholders and managers.
|Duration||ND 2 Years, HND 2 Years|
|Cut off mark||Varies|
|Job Availability||High and Competitive|
List of Polytechnics Offering Accountancy In Nigeria
The following are the official list of polytechnics that offer accountancy in Nigeria.
- Abdul-Gusau Polytechnic
- Abia State Polytechnic
- Abraham Adesanya Polytechnic
- Abubakar Tatari Ali Polytechnic
- Adamawa State Polytechnic
- Akanu Ibiam Federal Polytechnic
- Akwa Ibom State College Of Arts And Science
- Akwa Ibom State Polytechnic
- Allover Central Polytechnic
- Auchi Polytechnic
- Bayelsa State College Of Arts And Science
- Benue State Poly
- College Of Administrative And Business Studies
- College Of Technology, Iresi
- Covenant Polytechnic, Aba
- Crown Polytechnic
- D. S. Adegbenro Ict Polytechnic
- Delta State Polytechnic
- Dorben Polytechnic
- Eastern Polytechnic
- Edo State Institute Of Technology And Management
- Federal Polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti
- Federal Polytechnic, Bali
- Federal Polytechnic, Bauchi
- Federal Polytechnic, Bida
- Federal Polytechnic, Damaturu
- Federal Polytechnic, Ede
- Federal Polytechnic, Idah
- Federal Polytechnic, Ilaro
- Federal Polytechnic, Kaura Namoda
- Federal Polytechnic, Mubi
- Federal Polytechnic, Nasarawa
- Federal Polytechnic, Nekede
- Federal Polytechnic, Offa
- Federal Polytechnic, Oko
- Federal Polytechnic, Ukana
- Fidei Polytechnic, Gboko
- Gateway Polytechnic Saapade
- Grace Polytechnic, Lagos
- Hassan Usman Katsina Poly
- Heritage Polytechnic
- Hussaini Adamu Federal Polytechnic
- Igbajo Polytechnic
- Imo State Polytechnic
- Institute Of Management Technology, Enugu
- Interlink Polytechnic
- Jigawa State Polytechnic
- Kaduna Polytechnic
- Kings Polytechnic
- Kogi State Polytechnic
- Kwara State Polytechnic
- Lagos City Polytechnic
- Lagos State Polytechnic
- Light House Polytechnic
- Mai Idris Alooma Polytechnic
- Moshood Abiola Polytechnic
- Nacabs Polytechnic
- Nasarawa State Polytechnic
- Niger State Polytechnic
- Nogak Polytechnic
- Nuhu Bamalli Polytechnic
- Ogun State Institute Of Technology
- Osun State College Of Technology
- Osun State Polytechnic
- Our Saviour Institute Of Science, Agric. And Tech.
- Plateau State Polytechnic
- Ramat Polytechnic
- Rivers State College Of Arts And Science
- Rivers State Polytechnic
- Ronik Polytechnic
- Rufus Giwa Polytechnic
- Temple-Gate Polytechnic
- The Oke-Ogun Polytechnic, Saki
- The Polytechnic Igbo-Owu
- The Polytechnic, Ibadan
- The Polytechnic, Ile-Ife
- Uyo City Polytechnic
- Waziri Umaru Fed. Polytechnic Birnin Kebbi
- Wolex Polytechnic
- Yaba College Of Technology
Admission Requirements For Accountancy
1. JAMB UTME Subject Combination
In UTME, note that English Language is mandatory for all courses. The other three subjects required to study Accountancy under the Faculty of Administration in the institutions listed above are:
Mathematics and any two of :
Principles of Accounts and
2. O’Level Requirements for UTME Candidates
To apply for Accountancy as a UTME candidate, you require: English Language (not Literature in English) and Mathematics and any three subjects from the following: Economics/Commerce,
Principles of Accounts,
Literature in English
3. Requirements for Direct Entry Candidates
To apply for Accountancy as a Direct Entry candidate, you require: (i) OKO-POLY, ILARO-POLY, AKANU-POLY , YABATECH, and IMTE require 5 credits at not more than two sittings. AKANU-POLY requires at least credit pass in one Science subject.
IBADAN-POLY, OSPOLY, RIVCAS and OTEFE require five O/L credits including English and Mathematics and any three subjects from the list in column 2 at not more than two sittings. RIVCAS excludes History.
- OFFA-POLY and OZORO require credit in English Language, Mathematics and Economics and one of Commerce, Business Method, Bookkeeping, Accounts and Geography.
- LASPOTECH does not accept Literature-in-English as course requirement for Accountancy.
- OGWASHIUKU does not accept history but accepts Agric. Sc. or Biology as course requirement.
- ( IMTE requires five credit passes.
- RAMAT-POLY accepts certificate in Accountancy from institution with at least four (4) papers at pass level which must include English language and Mathematics and any two of the subjects listed in course requirement column
- FIDEI-POLY and IGBAJO-POLY requires five credit passes in Eng. Lang; Mathematics, Economics/Commerce and any other two subjects from the following: Bus. Method, Accounts, Geography, Govt. Agric/Biology at not more than two sitting.
- NEKEDE-POLY requires five credit at two sittings which must include Mathematics, English Language and three other relevant subjects.
- OSUNTECHCOLLEGE does not accept Literature in English, Office Practice, Typewriting and Shorthand as course requirement, but Economics and Commerce are accepted as different subjects
- KWA-POLY does not accept History as a requirement for Accountancy but accepts Credit pass in Statistics.
- EDE-POLY requires credit passes in one Science subject and does not accept History, Office Technology, Typewriting and Short hand.
- YABATECH does not accept Chemistry, Physics, Typewriting and Shorthand as course requirement.
- ILARO-POLY requires credit pass in English Language, Mathematics, any two of (Economics, Commerce, Business Method and principles of Accounts) and any one of (Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Agricultural Science).
- NEKEDE-POLY accepts Economics/Commerce and Principle of Accounts/Accounts as UTME subjects.
- (COABS accepts Certificate Course of the College or from any recognised institution OR any other qualification recognized by the College academic Board.
- BAUCHI-POLY: requires Mathematics, Economics/Commerce/ Principles of Accounts, and at lease a pass in Geography.
- AUCHI-POLY requires that the required number of credits should include those of Mathematics, English Language, and Economics.
- IMO-POLY accepts only Biology or Agricultural Science. It does not accept History and Lit. in Eng. as course requirement for Accountancy.
- ( BALI-POLY accepts Principles of Accounting, Economics/Commerce and any other subject as UTME subjects.
- MAPOLY requires five credits in not more than two sittings. In addition to credits in English Language and Mathematics prospective candidates must possess credit pass in Economics/ Commerce.
- AISCAS requires credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Biology/Chemistry/Physics and any other two (2) from Economics, Business Management, Principles of Accounts, Literature in English, Commerce, History/Government, Statistics and Geography.
- TOPS accepts Civic Education in lieu of Government and also accepts Animal Husbandry in lieu Agriculture.
We Believe This Article Was Helpful, Don’t Hesitate To Share This Information With Your Friends On Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp and Google plus.
Disclaimer: The contents on this site is provided as an information guide only. They are intended to enhance public access to information about Education and other Endeavors. While every effort is made in preparing good information, no responsibility is accepted by or on behalf of this site for any errors, omissions or misleading statements. Although every effort is made to ensure the reliability of this site.
Copyright: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions & information purposes. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us via This Means to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.