Polytechnics offering mass communication in Nigeria are often regarded as higher institution of learning. They trains youth mostly with practical base knowledge.
Universities on the other hand are theoretical and are often regarded as best academic institutions for studying mass communication as a course.
All candidates should take note, that the list provided in this post are the official list of polytechnics offering Mass Communication as a course of study in Nigeria.
Mass Communication can be studied in the following Nigerian Polytechnics and Monotechnics.
Before we go into full details let us understand the meaning of mass communication and the available careers in the field.
What is Mass Communication:
Mass communication can be defined as the process of creating, sending, receiving, and analyzing messages to large audiences via verbal and written media.
It is an expansive field that considers not only how and why a message is created, but the medium through which it is sent.
Available Careers/Jobs in Mass Communications
1. Marketing Specialist:
Marketing specialists work under the supervision of marketing directors to implement marketing and advertising campaigns.
2. News Media Director:
News media directors manage teams of journalists and the production of news stories. They possess an understanding of their readership and audience and production of informative content around social, political, cultural, and economic issues.
Working under the supervision of news media directors, journalists find, investigate, and write about or report on important events or issues that are relevant to their readers.
4. Public Relations Director:
Public relations directors manage the development and execution of strategic communication initiatives that help enhance a company or organization’s public reputation and manage a positive relationship with consumers, competitors, investors, and the press.
5. Web Content Specialist and Web Producer:
Web content specialists, including social media specialists, search engine optimization (SEO) specialists and directors, and web producers, are experts in crafting engaging and informative content for online audiences.
They typically manage one or more websites or online properties (such as social media accounts), and conceive of and implement content plans that address their target readerships’ interests.
6. Marketing Director:
Directors of marketing manage the creation of multimedia advertising and other marketing assets that enhance brand reputation, engage consumers, and sell a product or service.
Professors work at universities and colleges, conducting research into areas of interest in the field of mass communication.
List Of Polytechnics Offering Mass Communication In Nigeria
1. Federal Polytechnic, Nekede (NEKEDEPOLY)
2. Federal Polytechnic, Oko (OKOPOLY)
3. Institute of Management Technology, Enugu (IMTE)
4. Lagos State Polytechnic (LASPOTECH)
5. Moshood Abiola Polytechnic (MAPOLY)
6. Nuhu Bamalli Polytechnic (NUBAPOLY)
7. Rivers State Polytechnic (RIVPOLY)
8. Rufus Giwa Polytechnic (RUGIPO)
9. The Polytechnic, Ibadan (IBADANPOLY)
10. Yaba College of Technology (YABATECH)
11. Kaduna Polytechnic (KADPOLY)
12. Adamawa State Polytechnic (ADAMAWAPOLY)
13. Akwa Ibom State Polytechnic (AKWAIBOMPOLY)
14. Dorben Polytechnic (DORBENPOLY)
15. Federal Polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti (EKITIPOLY)
16. Federal Polytechnic, Offa (OFFAPOLY)
17. Federal Polytechnic, Bida (BIDAPOLY)
18. Federal Polytechnic, Bauchi (BAUCHIPOLY)
19. Federal Polytechnic, Nasarawa (NASARAWAPOLY)
20. Federal polytechnic, Mubi (MUBIPOLY)
21. Our Saviour Institute of Science, Agric. & Tech. (OSISATECH)
22. Akwa Ibom State College Of Arts And Science (AISCAS)
23. Aminu Kano Teaching Hospital (AKATH)
24. Crown Polytechnic (CROWNPOLY)
25. Delta State College Of Agriculture (DELSCOA)
26. Fidei Polytechnic, Gboko (FIDEIPOLY)
27. Heritage Polytechnic (HERITAGE)
28. Southern-Nigeria Institute Of Innovative Technology (SNIIT)
29. Wolex Polytechnic (WOLEX)
30. Nigerian Institution of Leather Technology and Science Technology (NILEST)
31. Nacabs Polytechnic (NACABS)
32. Ogun State Institute of Technology (OGITECH)
33. Institute Of Public Health (OAU), Ile-Ife (IPHOAU)
34. Interlink Polytechnic (INTERLINK)
35. Jigawa State Institute Of Information Technology (JSIIT)
36. Nasarawa State Polytechnic (NASPOLY)
37. Polytechnic Of Sokoto (POLYSOK)
Requirements For Mass Communication
In UTME, also All candidates who will be sitting for the JAMB UTME computer-based test, should note that English Language is Compulsory for this course.
Therefore, the three (3) other JAMB UTME subject combination needed to study Mass Communication in the above Polytechnics or Monotechnics include the following subjects listed below;
» Any three subjects from Arts/Social Science/Physical Science.
Admission /O’Level For Mass Communication
The Admission /O’Level For Mass Communication needed to study Mass Communication are as follows;
English Language and Mathematics and any three other subjects from the subject below:
- Literature in English,
- Fine Arts,
- Basic Electricity,
- Commerce/Principles of Accounting.
The information provided above are the official List Of Polytechnics Offering Mass Communication in Nigeria!! Share with your friends , they will appreciate.