Schlumberger Faculty For The Future Fellowships program was launched in 2004. It awards fellowships to women from developing and emerging countries to pursue PhD or Post-doctoral research in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) fields at leading universities worldwide.
About Schlumberger Faculty For The Future Fellowships:
The program’s long-term goal is to accelerate gender equality in STEM by generating conditions that result in more women pursuing scientific careers through alleviating some of the barriers they encounter when enrolling in STEM disciplines.
The program is committed to gender parity in science and recognizes that full access to and participation in a STEM curriculum is essential for the empowerment of women and girls.
By accelerating gender equality in STEM, the talent and capacities of these women can be developed for the benefit of their local communities, regions and nations.
- Faculty for the Future grants are based on actual costs for eligible expenses up to a maximum of USD $50,000 per year for a PhD and maximum of USD $40,000 per year for a Post-doc and may be renewed through to completion of studies.
- Renewal grants are subject to performance, recommendations from supervisors and strong evidence of re-integration plans in the home country.
You are eligible if:
- You are a female and are a citizen of a developing country or emerging economy economy where women are underrepresented in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) disciplines. You are not eligible to apply if you hold secondary citizenship from a developed country. (N.B. If you have been awarded a Faculty for the Future grant and after the award you obtain citizenship of a developed country, the grant will be discontinued as of the date of such additional citizenship);
- You are preparing for PhD or postdoctoral studies in STEM. The Faculty for the Future program does not fund Master level studies;
- You are currently enrolled, have been admitted to or have applied to a host university/research institute abroad (applications are no longer accepted where a candidate has not yet applied to a university). If you are applying for a sandwich PhD the final degree must be awarded by the Host University abroad (i.e., but not solely from the home country university);
- Hold an excellent academic record;
- Are willing to go back to your home country or region upon completion of your studies to contribute to its socio-economic development;
- Have a proven record of teaching experience in your home country and can demonstrate your commitment to going back home to:
- an academic or research position in a STEM faculty;
- and/or to using your knowledge to become a STEM entrepreneur to help resolve regional challenges in your local community/region;
- and/or to demonstrating leadership by contributing to the public sector using your scientific skills to help provide evidence-based support for STEM policy making, including topics of gender representation;
- Can demonstrate leadership skills, active community outreach and have a track record in encouraging girls and women into STEM.
How to Apply For Schlumberger Faculty For The Future Fellowships:
We Believe This Article Was Helpful, Don’t Hesitate To Share This Information With Your Friends On Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp.
Disclaimer: The contents on this site is provided as an information guide only. They are intended to enhance public access to information about Education and other Endeavors. While every effort is made in preparing good information, no responsibility is accepted by or on behalf of this site for any errors, omissions or misleading statements. Although every effort is made to ensure the reliability of this site.
Copyright: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions & information purposes. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us via This Means to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.